In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Head'n To Peoria PIC ADDED

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
Goin there this weekend for the Class A State Track Finals. Our school is sending 13 kids. My son Will is in 2 events. He is the anchor in the 4x200M and is also high jumping again. He is in the 7th grade this year and is ranked in the top 10 in the high jump.

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am there right now, till tommorow anyways then back to California for one more month. Found a nice place to live today.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear you found someplace. We will be at the EastSide Peoria Centre Fri. than go to the Stoney Creek Inn for the night. Than back to EastSide Peoria Centre Sat. for the remainder of the track meet.
    If you want a good place to eat seafood, there is a place next to Stoney Creek that is a cut above the rest.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Wish your son good luck for me!
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    Glad to hear you found someplace. We will be at the EastSide Peoria Centre Fri. than go to the Stoney Creek Inn for the night. Than back to EastSide Peoria Centre Sat. for the remainder of the track meet.
    If you want a good place to eat seafood, there is a place next to Stoney Creek that is a cut above the rest.

I haven't ate there, but when I was out here a few weeks ago, I stayed at Stoney Creek. Jonah's looked very busy.

Good luck with your son!
    edited November -1
    THIRD IN STATE IN THE HIGH JUMP!

[img][/img]statetrack007.jpg
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    That's friggin' awesome. Congrats!

Ben
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Thanks all. I'm very proud of him. He had 3 goals for this season. The first was to break the high jump record for the 7th grade. He accomplished that and also broke the 8th grade record with a jump of 5'3". His second goal was to jump the State Qualifing height of 5'1" at Sectionals which he did and finished up with 5'2" and finished first. His jump would have also won Sectionals for the 8th grade. His third goal was to finish in the top five. He exceded that by finishing in the top 3. I am very proud of him. He worked his butt off to get to where he ended up.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    Thanks all. I'm very proud of him. He had 3 goals for this season. The first was to break the high jump record for the 7th grade. He accomplished that and also broke the 8th grade record with a jump of 5'3". His second goal was to jump the State Qualifing height of 5'1" at Sectionals which he did and finished up with 5'2" and finished first. His jump would have also won Sectionals for the 8th grade. His third goal was to finish in the top five. He exceded that by finishing in the top 3. I am very proud of him. He worked his butt off to get to where he ended up.
    congrats great job[;)][:)]