In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Not a shed but still bone

Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
Found this skull not 10 minutes out of my truck friday. It's almost perfectly symetrical and in great condition with just a few teeth marks from the mice.
Just thought I'd post some pics.

PICT0044.jpg

PICT0045.jpg

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Looks nice. Plan on going out this afternoon if the windchill behaves.
  • 53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
    edited November -1
    we enjoy getting out and looking for sheds also.

Nice find.
  • grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love finding them like that.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    wow nice find Mag.. make a great euro mt.. are ya gonna? are ya, are ya;[:D][;)]
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hunter Mag- Very nice. Thanks for posting the pics. I enjoy seeing the finds you post every year. I have yet to find any. The wife and I went up to the farm yesterday and walked miles of well worn deer trails and found nothing. I'll keep at it. I also metal detect and shed hunt at the same time.

Funny story- on the way home from church today the wife and I saw a black Lab carrying a nice skull/rack very similar to yours. It must have been hit by a car or a hunter lost it. Anyway the lab found it. Lucky dog!

Regards, Don
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Nice find. I went to take tree stands down and do a little shed hunting. 5 min after we left the cabin it started raining then changed to snow so we skipped the shed hunt and just got the stands out. Saw a ton of deer tho and not a one had any head gear. You in Illinois?
    edited November -1
    Mag is in Northern Il I believe Bang.
    Me and my deer hunting buddy went out again on Sun. Walked for 2 hours with nothing to show for it. I did find a skeleton in a thicket but someelse had found it first and cut off the antlers.[:(]
    On my drive home I took the scenic soda route and counted over 60 deer in 4 different fields. In another field there was 4. 3 still had horns and of the 3, 2 were still very impressive. 140" plus. I counted 4 total that still had bone sticking out of their head.
    A friend from work found a neat one. It had been hurt in velvet and the last 8" of main beem was bent down like a drop. Dang nice looking.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    [:D] quote:scenic soda route

got a few of those here too. [;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    [:D] quote:scenic soda route

got a few of those here too. [;)]

Just made it up. Feel free to use the quote.[:D]
  • Horney toadHorney toad Member Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw one about like that last Saturday, he was still alive however.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buckey,I have sinned.[}:)] The rack only scored 92-4/8" so I cut the antlers off it. The skull still had brain in it and stunk big time. I didn't want to leave it out in the back yard for the tree rats to find so it was a job for the hack saw.[B)]

Don you better give that dog a steak or something similar.
    I'll post more sheds ect as I find them. Went out twice more this week and no cigar.[:(]

Chief,yes I'm in N. Illinois.