In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Headed to

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
Turkey Run for most of the week. The wife, son, and I are gonna do our 2nd annual camping trip there. A couple days of hiking the trails, a day of canoeing, and maybe the go cart track. As long as the air and fridge don't quit it should be a good family camping trip.

Comments

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bout half hour from there, got beer? I'm there[:D] Have a good one.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hopefully the Sugar Creek is high enough for some good bass fishing. Ben Hur usually doesn't run over the 4th of July, may want to check the schedule, unless they have something special going on. Nevermind, did for you

http://www.benhurspeedway.com/schedule.asp
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    i haven't been there in a long time. I always liked that place. Have fun
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Just got home. Wish I would have known Taco, you could have stopped by the campsite and had a couple.
    We ran the Sugar Creek on Tues. Had to drag once. Good little ride.
    We hiked just about all of the trails. We had a really good time and the weather could not have been better.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was this the Turkey Run in Indiana [?]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill

Yes it is. It is a 2 hour drive for us. Not too bad. Pulling the camper though I only get 10 MPG.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway

Yes it is. It is a 2 hour drive for us. Not too bad. Pulling the camper though I only get 10 MPG.

Cool..I deer hunt just east of there a couple small towns of Marshall,Waveland.
    edited November -1

Is Marshall the town with the arch?
    I can't imagine dragging a deer out if the topo is anything like the trails at the SP.
    edited November -1

Is Marshall the town with the arch?
    I can't imagine dragging a deer out if the topo is anything like the trails at the SP.

Yep thats the town...It's not all that bad east of there..but it dose have some killer hills..