In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

opening day

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
Wulp, headed to bed for a morning of hunting ahead. Cold front moved in tonight, it's about 20 degrees cooler than earlier. Bad news though, rain headed this way right at about light its gonna pour, but I'm gonna tough it out until atleast 11 see what I see. I'll update for ya guys later[8D]

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    best of luck Bud.. one of the biggest deer I saw likked was shot in a down pour and heavy winds in Illinois.. and the dode killed him with a long bow,, go get em
  • KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    Headed out for the first time this year on Saturday myself!
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    came back about noon, tried to sit as long as possible, didn't see a thing [:(]. Headed back out at 3 if the rain holds off...hopefully this cold front will have them up on their feet.
  • jm_tadlockjm_tadlock Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got one for team 1. A buck. If you need my bow in the pic I lopped his head off so I can do that if nessecary. It's 70 degrees out in S.D. so no rifle seasons for another month. Hope this works.
  • jm_tadlockjm_tadlock Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shafted an 8 pointer about 6:30 pm opening day.{yesterday} Knew I hit him good with a rage 2 blade.. Sat for about 10 minutes after the shot and the rain started. I climbed down and retrieved my arrow{pass-through} and got on the blood. Rain started pouring, REALLY pouring...Lost blood about 40?yards into brush at bottom of a ridge..Started loosing light and got this AWFUL feeling...Came home with head down. Got up this a.m. and hit the woods at first light. Few freinds came to help. Son arrives at about 11;00{hung-over}[B)] and had deer found by 11;15...Whew! I knew I had kids for a reason![;)] About the same size as the one Jim has posted here...
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Good job guys. I might be able to head out Fri. morning then will see what the weekend brings.
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    got to wait until the 15th not to long to go wtg team mate
  • wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    40 mph winds and intermittent rain here today. Hope to go tomorrow if the wind lets up. The cooler weather of the past 2 days will get 'em moving around a little better but what we really need here is for the farmers to take off some of the corn, there's a LOT of it this year. The woods is FULL of nice acorns this year, too. I hope this leads to some really good hunting just before gun season starts!

Jim, nice little buck ya' got there!