In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What about a Bowhunter Giveaway?

longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
Something like they were getting together over in general for a new hunter...Any Interest here?I got a new TruGlo rite-site I'd throw in if you all would like to try something like this.If so how bouts lets just see how many and what we could get together? The idea would be to help get a beginning bowhunter started/How about ideas from you all on age limits etc. etc. Watcha think? L.H.

Comments

• COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in.................

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.

" There's plenty of room for all God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes."
    <')))><

<')))><
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I could be in for some graphite arrows and whatever else I could dig up. They are not new and would probably have to be cut down. I switched arrows last year and still have quite a few of my old ones. I just gave a bow and most of my old gear to my little brother who lives out west, to help him get started...otherwise I would have more to contribute. I would suggest giving it to someone under 16 or so. Anyone that old, could probably work enough to buy their own set up. Just my .02

Eric
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    sounds good,I'm gonna look and see what else I got in the shed.I buy and sell so there is usually something there.Am sure I can add more if this takes off at all.I just don't have the funds to come up with a bow or I would......will think on it some tho...
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can throw in a bunch of acessories-dont know what I have exactly without looking, but I have a bunch of stuff I do not use.

"It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once"
    -David Hume
  • Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    Well if its for someone under 16 they would generally have a smaller frame. I have a Browning youth bow sitting in the closet. I think its a 35lb. draw. I can't remeber the pull length though. Its WAY too small for me now and my brothers and sisters aren't interested. I would be happy to donate it to a drawing if there is an interest in it.

fc3000ae.jpg"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."
    edited November -1
    Mr PP.......Thank you.....seems there is not a lot of interest on here...what say guys lets just see what all comes along...wait a while?I had thought to get what we could,have the drawing and all so the stuff could be sent to the winner before christmas...or what do you all think?This is all our drawing so everyone jump in and give me ideas please.
  • 270 Deer Slayer270 Deer Slayer Member Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would love to be in to try and win some things. I dont know much about bowhunting, either does the rest of my family, but my friend and his dad are going to help me get into it this winter, so I can start shooting next spring and be able to hunt next fall. I am buying a high country bow off of them. I dont have anything, I need a sight, stabalizer, arrows, everything pretty much. So if I could enter, Id really appreciate it. If theres an age limit, I just turned 16 in augest. Thanks

"If it's brown, it's down" crosshair.gif
  • 270 Deer Slayer270 Deer Slayer Member Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr.PissyPants
    Well if its for someone under 16 they would generally have a smaller frame. I have a Browning youth bow sitting in the closet. I think its a 35lb. draw. I can't remeber the pull length though. Its WAY too small for me now and my brothers and sisters aren't interested. I would be happy to donate it to a drawing if there is an interest in it.

fc3000ae.jpg"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

I can pull my friends dads 75 lb bow and Im 16.. but then again Im bigger than most kids my age and I've been lifting for about 3 yrs.

"If it's brown, it's down" crosshair.gif
    edited November -1
    270DS.......Don't know as it will happen at all.Just doesn't seem to b any interest or I should say not enough...if anyone has any odeas I will listen.????????????
  • Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    If you want to run it LH then everyone can email you and confirm a specific part or piece of equipment that they will donate. Then you can make a post here and update it so everyone can see who is donating what. That will also help others figure out what else is needed. When the auction is finished around Christmas like you were saying, everyone can mail the winner their stuff. I would be happy to help as much as possible.

fb0d9d60.jpg

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • excaliburexcalibur Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have some bowhunting gear to donate..let me know if you need help or someone to run it..