In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bought my 1st Bow......HELP !!!

GunnerguyGunnerguy Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Bow Hunting and Target Archery
Hi Guys,I was in a pawnshop and saw a mint condition PSE Mach Flight 4 Graphite bow with a Treebark finish and the bow is 42" long and the pull is from 65-80lbs.I got it for $50 and it doesn't have any sights, weights or other access. What do I do, where is the best place to find good used access and is there a good archery place in Orange County, Calif to learn to shoot.Thanks for your help,Ray

Comments

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    gunnerguy- Congratulations. I hope the bow matches you. You have to make sure your draw length is going to be compatible with bow. You MUST get to a pro shop, have them measure you up, adjust the bow(if possible) to fit you. You can also find the accesories you need.
  • shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After you get fitted for your bow by a pro. you can get alot of the stuff you want at Wal Mart cheaper than you can buy it used.
  • GunnerguyGunnerguy Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your help.Ray
  • GunnerguyGunnerguy Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your help.Ray
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You also might find that supporting your local archery shop instead of going to Wal-Mart will pay off in the long run. It will give you a chance to get to know the people that run the shop and build rapport with them. If it's your first bow and you are new to the sport, good friends that are knowledgable and happy to help you can't be valued in dollars. Supporting their archery shop is a great way to kick off a good friendship.
  • John Wayne FanJohn Wayne Fan Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi, been bow shooting since I was 15 and I never went to a pro shop, I had to self learn to tune and everything. My advice GO TO A PRO SHOP. took my years to learn what most take a couple month at a pro shop. Also if that bo doesnt work out for you have a guy at the pro help you pic one out. I have had a lot of frustation andteaching mistakes cause I thought I could do it on my own with a Cabellas magizine. Wish I wasnt so stubborn at times lololol
    "Fill your hands you son of a *"....John Wayne ....True Grit
  • John Wayne FanJohn Wayne Fan Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry fore the bad spelling its late and im tired
  • will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Looked this up on an archery search. These fellers are in long beach:PDQ Archery 403-932-7964If'n they ain't no good holler at the folk at The Stockade in Westminster, they will point you in the right direction.
    If you run, you'll just die tired!
    edited November -1
    Looked this up on an archery search. These fellers are in long beach:PDQ Archery 403-932-7964If'n they ain't no good holler at the folk at The Stockade in Westminster, they will point you in the right direction.
    edited November -1
    PDQ Archery in Long Beach (403)932-7964 If they are of no help, call the Stockade in Westminster, they can point you in the right direction.