In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Would you Rather?????

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
get busted before you can shoot or
sit in the stand for 8 hours and not see anything?

I contiplated this question while sitting in the stand for 8 hours.[:D]

I came to the conclusion that,
#1 when sitting in the stand for 4 hours at a time and it's colder than heck and your not even seeing squirrels it sucks.
#2 If you get busted before you can get a shot off at least you saw something and by the time you get back to the truck you have a story worked up so it wasn't your fault.[:D]

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I dont get busted[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    #2 = True, true, true! [8D]
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    I dont get busted[:D][:D][:D]

I don't believe that for a second.[:D]
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    rather get busted befor i could get a shot off. at least that way i could say i actually saw a deer. something which hasnt happened much this year.[xx(]
  • Options
    PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't get busted at all this year........but then again if you figured the % of time vs. number of deer seen it would probably work out to .0000357%. Would have rather been busted a few times.
  • Options
    elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    I'd rather be busted. Then at least know I'm in the right spot at the right time. Depending on how you "bump" em both mule deer and elk will stop and stare just before they get out of sight. For elk if you bump them out of a bedding area they will most likely come back the next day if you play it smart and back out early.
  • Options
    Fly DoctorFly Doctor Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by elkoholic
    I'd rather be busted. Then at least know I'm in the right spot at the right time. Depending on how you "bump" em both mule deer and elk will stop and stare just before they get out of sight. For elk if you bump them out of a bedding area they will most likely come back the next day if you play it smart and back out early.

+1
    As long as they're not overly spooked, elk'll return. Muley bucks,
    however, are likely to not come back to that spot for the season if
    bumped. BTDT. [V] Blacktail bucks are similar. Both'll head to
    higher or more secluded (e.g. steep canyon benches) ground. That or
    go nocturnal on ya.