In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

opinions

ndeltagunsndeltaguns Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
I would like to know if anyone has tried or knows anything about a Draw Loc bow.

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    i nothing of that brand. I've never even heard of it. Do you have any other info? If it locks in a drawn position it would be illegal to hunt with in most states.

Ben
  • ndeltagunsndeltaguns Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes it does lock back in the drawn positon.
    http://www.drawloc.com/
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Here are the only bow hunting rules that I could find on the state's website. It appears as though you can hunt with them in Mississippi. I would want to double check that if I were you.

Ben

http://www.mdwfp.com/hunting_regs.asp

quote:PRIMITIVE WEAPONS
    Primitive weapons for deer hunting are defined as longbows, recurves or compound bows, single or double-barreled muzzleloading rifles of at least .38 caliber, or single or double-barred muzzleloading shotguns loaded with a single ball or slug. All muzzleloading primitive firearms must use black powder or a black powder substitute with either percussion caps or flintlocks. A "black powder substitute" is defined as a substance designed, manufactured and intended to be used as a propellant in muzzleloading or other black powder firearms, excluding modern smokeless powder. Scopes of any magnification are allowed on primitive weapons. Sidearms are not allowed during primitive weapon season.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Crossbows lock, and you can use them in Illinois if you have a doctors slip. My dad got one 2 years ago because of injuries he cannot pull back a compound bow. I've seen those draw locs advertised at times, seems almost like shooting a crossbow.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • ndeltagunsndeltaguns Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Ben, I do believe they are legal here. I was just wondering if anyone on here had used one?
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I've not seen them until now. That website is kinda cool, but I believe I'll pass on a bow like that. May as well cock a cross bow and snap that baby off next to your lips. To risky for me

Jay (the one worried about * damage)

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Draw Loc's are legal here in Mississippi. There are many archery shops that will install them for you. If you are healthy I would not use one. They put a lot of stress on your equipment. A bow at full draw for hours at a time is tough on the limbs.
    Now if you have a physcial problem that keeps you from drawing a bow and you are an avid bow hunter by all means get one and keep enjoing the sport.

Hornet