In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bluebook value of a bow

one2hutnone2hutn Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
Hey all. I bought my brother in law a Matthews Outback for his B'Day 3 years ago. I am a bow hunter but apparrently he never will be. I got what I thought was a good deal on it. He gave it back today because he has never taken it out of the case. I bought it used but it is in good condition. Here's the rub. I shoot a Hoyt because I could never afford a Matthews- you're thinking ok well now you've got one right? Wrong-I shoot lefty and it's a righty. I can't find them posted anywhere used for sale so have no reference for price. I'd love it if there were someone sitting on a lefty that needy a rt handed bow but what are the chances? Anyway-I'm usually on the gun side of this sight. I haven't had a chance to hunt with my bow since we've moved here, but now I do and the Matthews is a quicker handling bow than the Hoyt I shoot. Any info would be appreciated. Chris

Comments

• tcleartclear Member Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    None that are listed here, but you can search for it on ebay and see what they are selling for there. THe outbacks listed right now are anywhere from 200 to 500 bucks. Depends a lot upon how it is set up (what sight, quiver, rest, etc), what the draw length is, what pound limbs you have on the bow (most prefer the 60-70 lb limbs) as well as the overall condition of sting, cables, riser, limbs, etc.
    Mathews is a great bow, but there have been many models that have come out since the outbacks and many improvements have been made.
    Hope that helps a little.
  • one2hutnone2hutn Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you TClear
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    AT classifieds might be a good place to list it. lots of bows move threw there
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    AT classifieds might be a good place to list it. lots of bows move threw there
    + 1 if you want to move a bow quick AT is the place. let me know if you need help posting there. out back for a quick sale bare bow $425.00 you can hold out and go e bay but not sure you can get more. also be prepared to post pix helps a lot. let me know if you post on at I have 100 % feedback and will post a bump for you.
    edited November -1
    ??????????Thanks fellas but what is AT? And what about a fully equipped bow? Price difference?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by one2hutn
    ??????????Thanks fellas but what is AT? And what about a fully equipped bow? Price difference?
    yes depends what you have on the bow. archery talk form.[:I]
    edited November -1
  • handforgedhandforged Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes , i am also curious about AT . Sounds interesting. Always looking for different places to buy and sell.
    edited November -1
    I'll send ya a link threw email
    edited November -1
    Traitor[:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

ssshhhhhh anim_slap.gif [:D]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

HOMOS LMAO!!!!!!!![:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413

HOMOS LMAO!!!!!!!![:D]
    takes one to know one[B)][:D]
  • OutdoorCowboyOutdoorCowboy Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 for AT. Great site. Nice folks too.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by OutdoorCowboy
    +1 for AT. Great site. Nice folks too.

If you can weed threw the rubish. I've been on there a long time now and it can be a good place but sheeesh sometimes it just makes my head hurt the way them guys go after each other.