In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BUMMER!

ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
Well this will be the last time I will be able to sit in my blind for the deer season.[:(] And it's raining as well, but you can't get them from the big chair though, can you. Went out yesterday and didn't see a freaken thing, but my wind wasn't really in my favor.
The winds IDEAL today. We'll see what happens![:)]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..

Comments

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Good luck, guess that's a little late huh. I shoulda logged in this morning. [:D]

What do you mean, quote:but you can't get them from the big chair though[?] Shortly after I graduated high school I hunted a property that had one 20 acre patch of woods bordering a large parcel of cut over and one young boy that wanted so bad to be a hunter. Me and him built what I called a deer hunting/watching play house. It was built between 4 very large white oak trees. It had a shingled roof, carpet on the floor, a flip down table, hinged door, three windows (no glass), a rocking chair, three stools, an army cot, and an old kerosene heater. I never saw any monsters from that stand, but did see a fair number of does and small bucks. That boy loved going up there. The family moved away a couple years after we built it and the new owners where no no to hunting. I expect it's fallen down by now, but it was fun. Plus it proves you can get em from the big chair. [:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I sure would like to have one like that! I should have stayed in my big chair, saw a couple bucks and some does but needed to get in my CHEVY and drive to get a shot. It's like they new to avoid that place one more time, then the rain started harder and I had enough.[:(] Well have one more trip south with bang and if it's brown it's down! (crossed fingers)[:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    You and I are the lone chevorlet subjects around here. I believe GM should add us to their payroll since we are soooo loyal, don't know about you, but I feel like a dog right now. [;)]

Good luck with your last trip. Know what you mean about the rain, right now it looks like it's gonna rain forever around here. The one bridge I cross coming home had water about a foot or so under the bottom of it. Least it looked like that when I crossed it. Sure hope it clears up some so I can get out this weekend to hunt. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We'll have to stick together on the chevy subject.

We are getting all sorts of rain, changing to sleet then snow up to 3 inches or so. OH I almost forgot about the 1/4 - 1/2 inch of ICE.
    Just get me south to hunt, PLEASE! I've got all my stuff ready, now just sitten back drinken some beers.[:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]
    Lets all finish out the season with a BANG!(OH NO OFFENSE [:D])

• Options
    edited November -1
    They have been calling for ice around here all day today, but so far nothing but rain (thankfully).

You guys leaving tonight for your trip?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No' we will leave tommorrow after work. But I'm ready know to get out of my house. I feel like I have been in here for a month straight.[xx(]

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ENOS29
    No' we will leave tommorrow after work. But I'm ready know to get out of my house. I feel like I have been in here for a month straight.[xx(]

Nice spelling and s#$%![|)][|)] OR IT'S THE BEER! No it's [|)][:D]