In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Deer

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Season opens in 7 months [:D]

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Went south this weekend, put up a stand, laid some carpet at deer camp in the cabin, drank some barley soda. A pretty good weekend.
    For as hot as it was we saw several deer, generally in the evening feeding in the feilds. Sat. evening we saw 3 nice bucks, well 2 were nice the first one I'm not real sure didn't see him much before he jumped into the woods. They were on our huntin prop. and I was really impressed with the size of the racks, I mean they were really nice. That really got me stoked about season. I hope I get a shot at one of the 3 we saw. Real nice, tall racks. can't wait!!

67 days!!

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    WOW thats cool I'm a little sorry I already booked North Dakota now. BUT at the time illinois was up in the air with non- resident licences.
  • Islander1989Islander1989 Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got out to my lease this weekend, but only saw 2 does and a flock of ~30 turkey hens that sat under my stand every evening last season too. I guess they haven't moved. Right now there is a seismic crew on the place looking for oil and gas, so they have things pretty disturbed. I ran into them on Saturday morning and they said they would be off the place in a month, so hopefully things will settle down by the time hunting starts. I'm hoping for a better season this year than last. With all of the rain last year, the deer didn't have to move for food or water. It's been much dryer this year, so I'm hoping that will make them move more.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Took an evening drive Sat. and saw about 20 deer at my huntin spot. Along with 2 nice bucks, one looks like he'll be a 140 or better class.

"Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool"anim_naughty.gif
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    [V] I haven't seen any this year that have got me excited.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Filled the feeder with corn, Put out new salt and mineral blocks, Put down more Deer-cane and buck-jam and set up the camera...Will check it out this weekend for pic's!

Ruric, NE OHIO,
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DIRTYRAT
    Filled the feeder with corn, Put out new salt and mineral blocks, Put down more Deer-cane and buck-jam and set up the camera...Will check it out this weekend for pic's!

Ruric, NE OHIO,

Please post any you get!!!!!!

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt
    2522_0_Spanking20smiley.gif
    Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me and my buddies are wathcing seven or eight bucks in one area. One could be pushing 160+! We also know where a MONSTER is hiding. A buddy was scouting the area and kicked him up two days before gun season. Last year he was huge upper 160's to 170ish with double drop tines! I know the guy that found the sheds. The guy who is going to hunt him again this year put his camera out and didn't get any pics of him though. This is the same guy who got a 23 point non-typ last year. I may try and post some pics on here of it and mine from last year. We'll see what happens.

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi