In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Time and Money = No Posts

s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
I think I figured it out.Why Bowhunters don't have many Posts.They are busy, spending all their spare time in the woods trying to bag that deer with a bow.and/or,they do not have money for Computors when they have to spend up to $10 for arrows with broadheads.

Comments

• rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it is because this is not advertised as a bow site. Some other sites that are strickly bow are very busy with post's. RG
  • songdogsongdog Member Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    s.gun- my arrows alone cost $10 then the broad heads are another $10. That is one expensive "bullet." But since my deer hunting is finished til next year i will put in the cheaper broadheads and try for some coyotes. The shop that i use to buy all of my hunting stuff from has a deal where i can take a carbon arrow, boughten from them, with the reciept to them if the arrow breaks from the animal falling on it and replace it free of charge fletching and all. But the break must be caused by the animal and not from a bad shot.songdog
  • Big TimberBig Timber Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How is the pro shop supposed to know how the arrow got broken? I see I need to switch pro shops. Every animal I have killed with a few exceptions, I have also broken my arrow. Do you guys use Carbons or Alums. I use alums and they work fine but they break pretty easily. I guess you could call me "the arrow breaker."BT
    edited November -1
    I'm a cheap sob but I will "NOT" use aluminum ever again. Carbons are so superior its not even worth debating. RG
  • songdogsongdog Member Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BT- This deal that my pro shop runs is only with carbons. That is just one of the perks to get you in the door. Then they sell you everything else to make their money. When you go to your pro shop next time, ask them if they have a few extra arrows that fit your bowq to try out on their indoor range, if they have one. You will immediately notice a tighter pattern with your arrows. Then the more you practice the tighter they get. One thing that you will need to get with carbons is one of those special targets that allow carbons to be shot into them. My target has five different bullseyes, but that is just my preference. After all of those consecutive nights practicing you will start to split out nocs and sometimes arrows if you do not have a couple of bullseyes to shoot at. With carbons you will also notice a dramatic increase in arrow speed which = greater energy. songdog
    edited November -1
    Do you guys really believe that carbon are worth the price? I sold both of my bows and I am in the process of buying a new one. I've never shot carbon but I'll take your advice if you think they shoot better.BT
    edited November -1
    BT as long as you get the weight of the arrows right they will crush aluminum's accuracy and they will last much longer than the aluminum's. As an example. I shot one at an outdoor target from 50 yards just screwing around, and the arrow hit the edge of the concrete target base. I shot way too short. All that happened to the arrow was that it lost the nock and dented the field point. By the same token I shot a deer. The arrow blew through it, hit a tree trunk and blew up. Recovered the deer lost the arrow. We can call that a draw. But seriously, I can say I have recovered 10 carbons to every 1 aluminum from various damaging shots at targets & game. RG
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wont get carbon arrows, because I lose enough aluminum arrows at the range. I moan about the price of the aluminum arrow that I lose, I can just imagine losing a carbon arrow.
    Happiness is a warm gun
    edited November -1
    Happiness is a nocked arrow.
    edited November -1
    Salzo I can sympathize. It sucks. I just bought the stuff to assemble my own arrows. The shafts are much cheaper than the ready to go arrows. I'm also so damn picky about the fletching its better just to do it myself. Then I'm the only one I can blame!! RG
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    RG666- Thats pretty dangerous. It always helps when you have someone else to blame when you screw up.
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I put my own carbon arrows together also, bought the fletching jig and shaft saw and all that fun stuff. It surprised me how easy it is. Once you figure out the length shaft you'll be using for best performance, everythings a breeze. Accuracy, strength, everything that has been mentioned, its no bull, I have a 60lb. draw on my bow, but increased my velocity by 25fps, changing to carbon, with an over draw, and the difference is dramatic in the trajectory of the arrow. The over draw didnt do that much for me, the carbons did.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • 7mm_ultra_mag_is_king7mm_ultra_mag_is_king Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What aluminum arrows are you shooting that you say are worthless. i have the same opinions about carbon when it comes to durability. I use easton 2213 superlites and muzzy 3 blade broadheads and get a lot of use from them.Smack a tree with good alum and blow a nock off, same thing to a carbon and you have splinters. Alum can also be straightened if you have a habit of smacking hard objects. I aint the best shot in the world with a bow but I shoot around 50 3d shoots a year and I can cover all shoots and hunting season with 1 doz easily.
    when all else fails........................