In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

223 Brass

Dave3Dave3 Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
I'm tying to build up my 223 stock and am kind of stuck. I can buy black hills loaded with Lake City brass for a fair price. Or try and find winchester brass and load it. What do you guys think. Is Lake City As good as winchester? Thanks.
"Protect the Right to Protect yourself"

Comments

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    GET OUT OF HERE!!! THIS IS A BOWHUNTING FORUM!!! YOU RELOADERS ARE NOT WELCOME!!!
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • Dave3Dave3 Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Salzo, I don't mean to upset you but is there not room for bowhunters and reloaders alike?
    edited November -1
    DAVE- Im sorry Dave, but things must remain the same. Change=Death.
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • gunnutgunnut Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep sounds like a good idea or you might want to check with midway as they did have some 223 brass on sale.
    ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
    edited November -1
    I tried Midway and several others it seems there has been quite a run on 223. I'm hoping to go prarie doggin this spring and was wanting to use the cold wet winter to do some loading.
  • gunnutgunnut Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HEY SALBO GO EASY ON SUPER DAVE, CHANGE=DEATH? WHAT IS THIS? GUESS YOUR STILL RIDING YOUR PONY TO WORK. DID YA THINK OF THAT WALKING TO YOUR OUTHOUSE? IN THE DARK?STIR,STIR,STIR
    ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
    edited November -1
    I did not mean that as a threat to Dave. It is just reality. It was not a threat at all. If we change the forum, the forum will die, gun broker will die. It will upset the balance of the universe.
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Think I'll put on my tinfoil hat now,must filter .............
  • MNTNMANMNTNMAN Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I HAVE BEEN RELOADING 223 FOR MANY YEARS AND ONLY USE WINCHESTER BRASS. ON A FEW I HAVE GOTTEN 12 LOADS WITH THEM, THE NECKS WERE A LITTLE THIN, BUT THEY NEVER SPLIT.
    edited November -1
    Thanks I was leaning towards the winchester as I load everything else with winchester, But had heard good things about the lake city.