In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Left handed shooter

bhayes420bhayes420 Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am new to bow hunting, but not really to bow shooting. Took archery as my Phys Ed elective in college. No problem being left-handed cause all we had were recurves. Still shoot occassionally. I would love a compound, but cannot find anyone who carries a left handed shooter. The only shop around here says they can't even order one. What am I to do? Practice right handed?? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do not conform to a right handers world. If that bow shop is unable to get a left handed bow, then find another bow shop. I have never heard of a bow shop being unable to get a lefty bow. The way I see it, it takes enough work and practice to shoot a lefty bow, when you are a lefty. The idea of learning to shoot a righty bow as a lefty would be downright virtually impossible, and if it is possible, not worth the aggravation. Go to another bow shop, and get set up properly.I understand as a lefty, we have to conform to things that are designed for right handers-a bow is not one of those things.
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All of the major companies make a left handed version of their bows. A friend of mine at work has a left handed PSE. Go to PSE, Martin, Bear, Browning, etc's websites & see for yourself. For example check out Oneida's site they list left & right handed versions http://www.oneidaeaglebows.com/oneidapages/Page2.html Most of the time they have a "find a dealer" option on the website's so you should be able to get what you need. RG
  • bhayes420bhayes420 Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the help! What really screws me up is that I am not left-handed, just shoot left-handed. I am one of those strange people who is right-handed, but left eye dominant. Can't hit jack shooting from the right. Been shooting left handed since I was 8, 30 years ago! Can't change now. Thanks again!
  • psgpowellpsgpowell Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you can't find a dealer nearby who can help & would be interested in a used year old 29" 70# w/all accessories in exc condition give me your e-mail address & we'll talk.
  • SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've seen some great deals on lefties on ebay.Some highend stuff for cheap.
  • bhayes420bhayes420 Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    psgpowell, e-mail me at bhayes420@yahoo.com Thanks!
  • SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm going to edit and post more later.Found this at ***** .Oops! I can't say here.PSE LEFT HAND Compound Bow Item # 1011016321 - LEFT HAND PSE Also on e b a y ARCHERY PSE "BABY G" PKG NIB LEFT HAND Item # 1061413468 Drop me an email for linksSXSMAN@HOTMAIL.COM[This message has been edited by SXSMAN (edited 01-14-2002).]