In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Enos and

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
His oldest boy. I'll let him give the story.

DSC00313.jpg

Comments

• Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice deer, I don't know who's smiling more, dad or Jr.

Congrats to both.

Bode

P.S. Okay, Jr. is smiling more but dad is sure proud also.
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well the MONSTER buck is mine! But Cody was with Bang and I this weekend in the wood's. It was his first time in a stand. He isn't bowhunting yet but will soon! He was in the same stand with me and was able to watch the entire thing![:)] He is one hell of a BLOODHOUND! He seemed to have a ball this weekend and even told his mom that it was the best day of his life![:)] Had a BIG buck come thru first but couldn't get a clear shot. But I had it in mind that I was taking the first thing that gave me a shot! I think this will be the best deer I will ever take!!!
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats enos, thats all i was used for as a kid growing up....blood trailing, I thought I was important then. Now I look back and think man I was like a slave sometimes lol
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ENOS29
    ...told his mom that it was the best day of his life![:)]...

[^]

Need to get that boy suited up!

Ben
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    That is awesome Enos. I can remember sitting in the stand with my dad the first time. I must have asked him a hundred questions. Looking back, I am amazed at how patient he was with me. We didn't see any deer that day, but I was with him when he shot the best buck of his life. I will keep that memory with me forever.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Way to go. My son has went with me quite a few times but I was never able to shoot anything. The closest I was, was during bow season on a button buck. He spotted it first and I was standing and pulled back. Then I noticed the buttons. He played around for about 10 minutes before he finally walked on.
    He shot 2 last year with a shotgun. That is time that I would never trade for anything. He is 12 now and I know that sooner or later he will want to hunt by himself. That will just kill me. The time spent with him in a tree and blind is incredible. When he shot his 9 pointer last year, the moment he dropped, my son just lost it. That moment will live with me forever.
    He has helped me track one of mine and for a few friends. During the youth hunt last year, he took over the trailing for the friends we were hunting with and got us there. It was commented on that we need to get pups out of him with his bloodhunting "skills".
    Congrats Enos and Cody, and keep it up. Don't you wish he had that smile for school pictures?[;)]
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats Enos...
    That for sure is a day you'll always remember.