In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

recurve

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
anyone use them? I was looking into them, seems like fun[:D]

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    No, but I watch garage sales all the time. They can be kind of pricey, but I'd like to try.

Ben
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I started out with a recurve and have a traditional longbow that I pull out every now and again.
    Unfortunately, I am not as good with it as I once was.
    My hobby right now is hunting with handguns (imagine that[8D]), but I am considering just going totally primative next year. Blackpowder (caplock, flintlock only) and longbow. We will see how this year turns out. As of right now, not so good.
    But, mainly because it is hard to hunt deer at home when I am on the road.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    I have a couple. One of them I don't even have a string for. One of those "I will pick it up next week." That was about 6 years ago.
  • ladamsladams Member Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have five that my dad had when he was younger. All Fred Bears, there fun to play around with, but not something I would use for serious shooting or hunting.
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are a lot of fun to shoot, but take a lot of practice as well. I grew up using strictly a recurve and then stopped shooting and bowhunting for the past few years. Wish I hadn't because my shooting is nowhere near as good as it used to be. Bought a PSE Kudu(takedown) a litte while back and am planning on hitting the range hard in the future and to start bowhunting again.

Jon
  • Horney toadHorney toad Member Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is all I hunt with. Switched from compound about 5 years ago. I collect recurves as well. Takes a lot of practice, but it is a different sport than compounds. Tradgang is a good archery website.
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only 1st place trophy I ever won in 3d archery was with a recurve. I had a really hot day.2nd place was 50 points behind me.

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

Thought about hunting deer with it but never took the plunge. I have killed several rabbits with it though. It is a 40pd recurve.
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive got two Bear bows and a Black Widow. I have moved to a crossbow, and would consider parting with any of the recurves if someone wants to get started. They are all like new.
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you get a pic of the bear bows? And what # are they?
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive got a 45pound Hunter, and a 43 pound Kodiak Magnum. Ill have to work at pictures as Im a computer idiot. E-mail is no problem if you care to give me your address.
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, have one...My plan is to get my rack with my Switchback then get a second {antlerless} with my recurve this season.....We'll see if it works out as planned!?!