In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WHAT BRAND OF CROSSBOW IS BEST?

9MMBERETTA929MMBERETTA92 Member Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
I'm currently shooting an out dated crossbow and I'm looking to buy a newer used one, mainly for deer hunting. Something that's easy to cock like a compound crossbow, 150lb. or higher pull, that has a mount for a scope and is of good quality. So, what do you crossbow hunters out there recommend? It seems like the new ones from name brand companies get awfully expensive. So, could someone help me out? Thanks!

Bubba " There is no such thing as having too many guns!"

Comments

• Options
    jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    I will not say what is best due to so many good brands but I bought a PSE 15 years ago. I noticed this year it was not shooting right and discovered it had a cracked limb. I was looking at buying a new one when I looked at some PSEs and noticed that the had a limited lifetime warrenty. I still had my owners manual so I pulled it out to verify it. I called PSE and they told me to ship the cross bow back to them and they would replace it for 50% of what a new bow would cost since they no longer make that model. I had looked at ther cross bow that cost $250 at Wal-Marts and now I am getting the same bow for $125! It is 150 pound pull as was my old one so I feel I did OK with PSE. The main thing is check out their warrenty. If it is as PSE, a life time limited warrenty then it should be a good cross bow. I would look at Horton, PSE, or Barnett. All make good cross bows.

God protect me from my friends, I can take care of my enemies...
  • Options
    excaliburexcalibur Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    well of course Excalibur crossbows are good and Parker makes real nice Crossbows. Either one I would look into.. hope it helps..

excalibur