In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

deer found

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
I went to Norteh Dakota earlier this year my Bro shot a nice buck.
It ran intro a meadow grass feild like 4 ft high we looked every where no deer.
My guide e-mailed me yesterday he found the deer after the frost and the grass laid down. its a nice deer they are going to send him the rack. here is a photo of the deer. bitter sweet I guess.
0093.jpg

Comments

• DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks to be a 10 point? Maybe you can post a pic after your brother gets it. Very nice deer.

Regards, Don
  • elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    I hate it that they can vanish like that but it happens.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Well, stinks ya dont get the meat but at least he was found. kind of adds a little closure
  • chevynutschevynuts Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tracking hit deer is usually done way too fast that what normally causes this. If at all possible try tracking by blood only. A roll of toilet paper can be used effectively. Put one sheet at every spot of blood and it will give you aline of travel even if yopu lose track of where you left off. If tracking where there are trails walk beside the trail so you do not step on the blood.Only go forward if you find blood or you can,t find any at all.Walk little look much!
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chevynuts
    Tracking hit deer is usually done way too fast that what normally causes this. If at all possible try tracking by blood only. A roll of toilet paper can be used effectively. Put one sheet at every spot of blood and it will give you aline of travel even if yopu lose track of where you left off. If tracking where there are trails walk beside the trail so you do not step on the blood.Only go forward if you find blood or you can,t find any at all.Walk little look much!
    I kinda know how to track. even with no blood which is very difficult depending on conditiond this deer ran into a swamp meadow grass feild that was 3 ft high and there was no blood. we did a grid search but if the deer was 3 feet away you wouldent see it. Thanks for the advise.[;)] and welcome to the forum..