In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Only saw 25 last night...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
while in my stand. Had a HUGE buck come through about 60 yards away. I could not get him to come in though. I think the deer are getting a little weary of me in that stand. I jump them all up every night when I climb down and walk out...I cannot help it b/c they are all right around me. I'm seeing less and less of them.

Eric
allamericanarmsco@frontiernet.net

All American Arms Company

www.galleryofguns.com
VIP Code: AAAC

Veteran Owned and Operated

Comments

• gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Well then stay in your stand longer. Wish I had 25 under my stand.....

its all about pucks and bucks
    batman_logo_30_2.jpg
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    only 25? wow, the only time i've seen 25 deer in one hunt was when i bowhunted in west virginia.

try taking something up in your stand that you could possibly drop, or throw, to make noise to scare the deer away. that way they leave before you climb down. they will get spooked once they see you in the same spot more than a couple times.

good luck, it sounds like you are in a hot spot.

39 and counting...
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    move your stand to spot that is close to the one your using now, but maybe down close to where they are or something.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Where are they bedding at night? At all costs you should avoid bumping bedded deer!

Ben

24.gif