In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Food?

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
How many of you guys/gals hunt over a food plot, feeder, or some sort of food source. During ohio muzzleloader I'm taking out corn, but how many of you think thats wrong or right? In my opinion its kind of wrong but right too. I want pics off my camera too! [:p]

Comments

• ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    corn is illegal here but i wish they would change that i hunt over a grass patch or wood lines i see nothing wrong with corn but here everyone would shoot what ever walked out and not be picky about it
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup illegal here in anti-everything Illinois. It's illegal to hunt anything with a rifle too.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    Yup illegal here in anti-everything Illinois. It's illegal to hunt anything with a rifle too.

Not so. coyote can be shot with dang near anything you want. [:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag

Not so. coyote can be shot with dang near anything you want. [:D]

No Bang? I know coyotes can be taken anytime but not with a rifle I thought?
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Yes, you can use rifle. I use a 22-250. You can't use a rifle during deer firearm 1st and 2nd season. Yote season is actually closed during that time. However you can use rifle during the muzzleloader only season and late firearm season in Jan. Other than those dates mentioned its on year round. It is against the law, and this one I don't get, to use a slug to take a coyote unless you have an unused deer tag. I think and could be wrong but I think it is page 18 of the reg. book.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Yes, you can use rifle. I use a 22-250. You can't use a rifle during deer firearm 1st and 2nd season. Yote season is actually closed during that time. However you can use rifle during the muzzleloader only season and late firearm season in Jan. Other than those dates mentioned its on year round. It is against the law, and this one I don't get, to use a slug to take a coyote unless you have an unused deer tag. I think and could be wrong but I think it is page 18 of the reg. book.

That's pretty F'ed up. Of course so is DNR.[:D]
  • grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used corn and apples last year and had does everywhere. I tried it this year and didn't have anything around except groundhogs. The groundhogs are a good test of your archery skills from a 20ft tree stand.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Illeagle here. can't hunt over bait. I have found some corn and afew apples around some of my stands. I dont know how it got there.[:I]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Illeagle here. can't hunt over bait. I have found some corn and afew apples around some of my stands. I dont know how it got there.[:I]

[:D]Honesty is always the best policy[:D]
  • KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hunt with corn feeders and a food plot. Texas isnt picky about that.
  • thunderstick82thunderstick82 Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey buckey, thats happens to you too!!??? Somestimes i find a pile of persimmons around my stand but I can't find a persimmon tree anywhere in that area. Weird huh. Illegal here in Ga too. Bait has to be removed at least 10 days before you hunt or it has to be at least 200yrds away and out of sight of your hunting spot. I think thats right. Back me up on that Gagirl.