In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Got a yote!

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
Shot my first yote. I have no idea how many times that I've drawn on a coyote, but I've never let an arrow go.

On Saturday it was pretty nasty out. It was a constant rain/sleet mix. I had a choice of hunting in a treestand, or a ground blind/tent. I choose the tent, but I had never hunted in one before. I liked it. It was icing outside the tent, but inside I was very very very comfortable. Out of the elements felt nice, but I wasn't too certain how hidden I was.

After about an hour of sitting I decided to doe-bleat once. After about one minute I saw two coyotes up wind about 65 yards. I made a mouse squeak noise with my mouth, and both coyotes stopped, looked, and came trotting in my direction. One broke away, and the other one trotted in front of my ground blind at about 7 yards. I shot it on the move, didn't quite lead it enough, almost shot over it, but still managed to make good contact.

It yelped, and attempted to run off. The other coyote was now on top of it, and I was hoping it would attack it so I could get a second shot, but it did not. Neither of them ever saw me, or knew where I was. I am now 100% sold on ground blinds.

coyote1.jpg

Ben

Comments

• dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good shooting!
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Excellent.. That wouldent be a mathews LX would it[;)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Way to go ben!!! I have yet to get one.
    I'm hoping for an ASAT blind for next season. Dont have the money, nor could I convince the wife I need a DB for $400. $250 she might go for.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    That certainly is the LX.[^]

The blind that I hunted in was a "dog house".

I think it's better to buy a cheap one that you aren't afraid to leave out, than a nice one that you need to pack in, and out all of the time.

Ben
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

I think it's better to buy a cheap one that you aren't afraid to leave out, than a nice one that you need to pack in, and out all of the time.

Ben

The one that I use was "left" on property that it wasn't supposed to be on. There has been 2 deer killed out of it this year. That being said, I have a Outhouse blind with no bag, I'm using the bag for it on the other blind, that I would gladly give to someone that would want it. Give away perhaps? It is just too tall. When you look at it set up it looks like a sore d!@k standing there. It is just too tall and not enough room for me and my son.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Nice job Ben! Only good yote is a dead one.
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

Ben

The one that I use was "left" on property that it wasn't supposed to be on. There has been 2 deer killed out of it this year. That being said, I have a Outhouse blind with no bag, I'm using the bag for it on the other blind, that I would gladly give to someone that would want it. Give away perhaps? It is just too tall. When you look at it set up it looks like a sore dick standing there. It is just too tall and not enough room for me and my son.
    well, i'd be in for a giveaway. behind my house, we own about a 20 yard deep and 30 yard long section of woods. this past year, my neighbor logged off some of his woods and he logged off ours to[:(!][}:)]o so now there are no trees to hunt from[}:)], but its really thick down there. i'm not sure if its a good spot to sit. this winter and next spring i'm gonna put some corn and a gamecam down there and see what I can find.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I intentionally neglected to tell you guys that the blind is in the picture. The place the picture was taken is where the coy was when I drew, and it ran behind where my picture was taken for my bow shot.

Ben
  • elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1