In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

????????Help

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
the front of my arrow is to the right bad....cant move rest any further to the left or vanes will hit cables... any suggestions? What am I missing?

its all about pucks and bucks
smilie_schuetze.gif

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if you are using a prong type rest, are the prongs upside down?
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    A little more info would be helpful. What kind of rest I know this may sound dumb[:0] did ya mount the rest bracket to the proper side of the bow.[?] How about posting a couple of close up pictures and DR GOGOLEN should be able to help ya out.[:D] do ya like how I volunteered him.[:D][:D]
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Yeah rest is mounted right.. and it is a biscuit... I should have brought the bow with me to work today so I could take pics...I just cant figure out what I am missing....

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    Make sure the cables are in the proper slot on the slide front or back could be switched, try to find a picture of the tssr and compare it to yours. somthings odd it dosent make sense. rest assure it will get fixed. No worries Mate well in your case Mate et'[;)]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This may be a dumb question, but do you have the correct biscuit for your arrows? They make two different ones. One is for Aluminum and the other for carbons. The difference is the diameter of the hole in the biscuit. Is there anything in the hole of the biscuit? (just a guess) Could there be any bristles in the hole that didn't get cut correctly?

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
    edited November -1
    Yeah I bought the carbon Biscuit....not proficient enough to determine if it was cut right...any suggestions on what to look for on that ?

Buckey... stayed up till 2:30 this am looking at different pics and cant find anything... [:(] It's killing me... I was up at 5:30 and out back shooting trying to find what is wrong...tired and cranky and will be interviewing new secretarys all day... oh joy joy....

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    Gagirl looked at pictures.it looks to me that you need to switch front to back. Pictire is not that clear top cam cable should be in the inner -most slot in the slide. and bottom should be in the outer most- slide looked at many bows they are all like that look at your pix just the opposite.[;)]
    edited November -1
    ok when you say "innermost" what exactly are you meaning... closest to the riser? closest to the right side of the bow? left side? I am confused...
    I am really pissed at myself for not bringing it in here today... it not being right is consumeing me!!!!!!!!! Going nuts!!!!!!

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    OK the teflon peice that slides on the cable guide has two slots one closer to the riser and one thats closter to the shooter.the string should go in the slot clostest to the riser and the cable should go in the slot closest to the shooter. thats what it looks like to me.[;)] Icould be wrong the picture is tough to see them clearly yours look oposite of others I have seen. I may be wrong GOGO would definatly know as soon as he sees this post i'm sure he will take care of it.[:)]
    edited November -1
    Thanks hun I will check it when I get home....I will also bring the bow in tomorrow...Hugs for all the help

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    Did you look at the picture you posted and then other pictures ? what do you think???[?]
    edited November -1
    Dang it!!! ok well thats not the problem then...the string is in the one closest to the riser... I give up until I get home and can play with it again...

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry it took me so long to chime in but it has been a hectic morning here. I would be more concerned about which side of the cable guide your buss cables are running. If you have them on the opposite side your riser shelf it will give you a bit more clearance. I saw that in your picture of your bow this is not the case. Also are you shooting cock feather down or to the side, if you twist your knocks so it is to the side you will gain a little clearance there too. How do you know the front of your arrow is to the right that bad? Is it that obvious or are you using a center tool? This is something I would be using a center tool on as it is not something you can really eyeball. If you could shoot some detailed pics of your cable area.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Could it be a left handed bow strung right handed[?]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gagirl, when you get home send me pics of the bow and i'll compare it to mine. Maybe being a lefty also I might notice something, since we are the only ones in our right minds anyway[:D][:D]

"Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool"anim_naughty.gif
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it were cut wrong (and I don't know if that has ever happened, just looking at the obvious) the hole would not be perfectly round.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
    edited November -1
    Gogo... yeah you can actually see it! And that is what bothers me. ok next question... about changing the sides of the cable.. there is no real easy way for me to do this...huh? I am gonna have to take it to the proshop right? Now will the cable on the other side torque the bow?

Taco ... it would be tomorrow before I could send the pics. I dont have a card reader at home. Do you have pics of yours on here that I could look at today/tonight by chance?

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    I'll take pics when the woman gets home with the camera and send them to you.

edited November -1
    No need to take it to a pro shop just grab ahold of those cables pull rearward and move to the other side of the cable guide. What about the cock feather out or down? On second thought you may want to take it to a proshop to have them tune it as they do it everyday and probably would make real short work of it for a minimal price.
    edited November -1
    Cock... out...

I agree that they would make simple easy work of it, but you have to understand that I am the type of person that studies EVERYTHING I can and I want to learn as much as I can about things. I would rather take time and learn how to do things then to have someone else do everything for me...( but I am thinking this may be one I may have to take it in for help on.)

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I would definitely have a pro-shop work on my cams/cables/string.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
    edited November -1
    [:0][:0][:0] COCK OUT BUMMER[:D][:D][:D][:D] SEE TOLD YA GO GO WOULD HAVE THE ANSWER[;)] Sorry I coulden't resist[:I][:o)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    [:0][:0][:0] COCK OUT BUMMER[:D][:D][:D][:D] SEE TOLD YA GO GO WOULD HAVE THE ANSWER[;)] Sorry I coulden't resist[:I][:o)]

Yeah I knew you would comment on that when I typed it...almost changed it but figured I would let ya have one...[;)]

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:COCK OUT BUMMER

What wrong with that? [:D] unless its cold then bummer.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:COCK OUT BUMMER

What wrong with that? [:D] unless its cold then bummer.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Duh!!!! it's always better Cock in.....

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    Ok, so rock out with your cock out (feather that is)[:D]
    edited November -1
    Wow gagirl ya started a whole new thread with just two words I'm Impressed.

Buckey out.[:D][:D]
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gagirl I may be wrong here ,but if the front of your arrow is to the right shouldn't you move your rest to the right.[:o)]quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    the front of my arrow is to the right bad....cant move rest any further to the left or vanes will hit cables... any suggestions? What am I missing?

smilie_schuetze.gif

MLMorgan
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wild Okie
    Gagirl I may be wrong here ,but if the front of your arrow is to the right shouldn't you move your rest to the right.[:o)]quote:Originally posted by gagirl

smilie_schuetze.gif

MLMorgan

Nah if the front is to the right while the arrow is nocked... move the rest to the left...I am a lefty most things are opposite from normal...

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    [/quote]

Nah if the front is to the right while the arrow is nocked... move the rest to the left...I am a lefty most things are opposite from normal...

smilie_schuetze.gif
    [/quote]

Not opposite, WE are the normal ones[:D][}:)]

edited November -1
    No no no Taco... I refuse to be normal...[;)]

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    ...I am a lefty most things are opposite from normal...

What the hell does that mean? As a lefty I am offended by such remarks.
    We do things "the other way", not "opposite from normal".

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    Salzo.. please dont let that offend you....I am a right hand.. but shoot left...I was just saying that it is opposite of what most on this forum are...

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    Well Gagirl did ya get it fixed or figure out for sure what going on.[?]
    edited November -1
    Nope... I called a friend's dad last night.. who ironically tried to get me into archery when I was in High School...anyway.. he competed and was top in the south east for years...He will be in town this weekend to see his grand babies and we are going to get together. I have complete faith that the man will both kick my butt for not listening to him 20 yrs ago and he will also probably teach me more in one day then I could learn in a year. He is also the one who convinced me to learn how to shoota gun. He was a weapons instructor at F.L.E.T.C Glynco... but anyway I am looking forward to this weekend.

I decided to leave well enough alone until he gets here...
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    GA girl- It was the "opposite of NORMAL" that offends me-by the way, Im just messin.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    Gagirl how did you make out with the bow problem[?]
    edited November -1
    got it solved....tiller was off slightly...very slightly but we got it fixed...thanks for asking...

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear it. hows she shootin[?]
    edited November -1
    Spent most of Saturday shooting with a friend. I am still getting used to shooting lefty. I had to go down to 50 lbs. So far I cant say that I have any bad things to say about the bow itself. I have found that it is ALOT more difficult getting lefty stuff tho.

smilie_schuetze.gif