In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Played hookie

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Last friday we played hookie from work. we went shelfishing . clamming it was 75* fantastic day. I would like to share some photos.of RI.

ON the way
DSC00850.jpg
LIGHT HOUSE PHOTO
DSC00874.jpg
My Bud freds boy Josh this comes everywhere with us he loves it.
cooking some backstraps on the beach
DSC00870.jpg
Fred and josh
DSC00868.jpg
a few deer we saw on the Island
DSC00861.jpg
Starting them young. Kid loves his beer
DSC00872.jpg
My buddy bruce enjoying backstrap peppers and onion sanwich and a cold beer
DSC00871.jpg
The kid cooks too[:0]
DSC00870.jpg

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Sometimes, I go clamming.

Ben
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    haha good deal buckey, looked like a good time man.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Sometimes, I go clamming. yea but these dont have legs[:0][:D]

Ben
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Great pics buckey! Looks like an outstanding time!!!

Only issue I see is the choice of beverage. [:D]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

and the lack of clams.[;)]

Ben
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Great pics buckey! Looks like an outstanding time!!!

I know I was bumming I brought the food Fred brought the beer I'm not much for coors lite. and ben we got plenty of clams they couldent walk[:D]
  • hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like a good time was had by all!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hivoltg
    Looks like a good time was had by all!
    hey man how the bow shooting for you haven't heard any thing..[;)]
    edited November -1
    It is a little slow so I'm having it worked on and the string was cut under the serving for the peep, so I'm having the strings replaced. The bow is super smooth and I really like it. I just have to get a few tuning issues taken care of and a new string, then I can give a full report
    edited November -1
    It is a little slow so I'm having it worked on and the string was cut under the serving for the peep, so I'm having the strings replaced. The bow is super smooth and I really like it. I just have to get a few tuning issues taken care of and a new string, then I can give a full report
    let me know how much for the string I will take care of it..
    slow???
    edited November -1
    I have to get all my measurements and things right before I make the final decision that it is slow. I shot it through a crono the other day and got 268fps with 28" draw and a 26.5" Easton Axis 400 with blazers and a 100gr tip. I thought it should have been in the 280s. I'm not sure what kind of string to get. The cable is still in good shape so I won't replace it. Any recommendations on the string?
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buck you SOB, how many clams did you get? Any steamers? [:p]

Looks like a cool kid there!! [8D]
    I forgot about the island till now. I really miss it and all the seafood. [:p]
    edited November -1
    I have to get all my measurements and things right before I make the final decision that it is slow. I shot it through a crono the other day and got 268fps with 28" draw and a 26.5" Easton Axis 400 with blazers and a 100gr tip. I thought it should have been in the 280s. I'm not sure what kind of string to get. The cable is still in good shape so I won't replace it. Any recommendations on the string?
    sounds slow for that bow IBO 1s 324..
    edited November -1
    That's what I was thinking. I got a new string now and am going to get the bow set up again. I will be getting my new Easton Axis 400s at the end of next week and will shoot it through the crono again. I'll update in a few weeks. It looks like my numbers are going to be about the same as I posted earlier in this thread. Do you have the birth certificate from this bow? What is the speed listed on it?

Thanks
    edited November -1
    With that said, we will set the test bow's draw length to 30" and draw weight to 70 pounds as defined by ASTM standards. We will then use a 350-grain arrow to rate the bow's speed. test methods will also be taken from ASTM, as we will use the proper tools set at specified parameters. This involves a shooting machine, mechanical release, and a chronograph meeting specs. A minimum of 5 shots will be averaged to come up with the final velocity. A force draw curve will be plotted for each test bow and the following testing results will be reported:

Kinetic energy will be calculated using the following formula: tested speed x tested speed = result (1). Result (1) x 350 = result (2). Result (2) / 450,240 = final result expressed in foot-pounds.
    Stored energy will be calculated using the following formula: Add up all the readings under the draw force curve = result (1). Result (1) /the number of points used to calculate result (1) = result (2). Result (2) x power stroke in feet = final result expressed in foot-pounds.
    Efficiency will be calculated using the following formula: Kinetic energy/stored energy = final result expressed in %.
    I will also provide my personal comments about each test bow in the "This is how I see it" section of Bowhunting.Net bow reports. Another feature will be "Additional testing Results" where I will offer some speed testing results with different draw lengths, draw weights and arrow weights.

test results (350-grain arrow):

tested Speed - 318 fps
    Kinetic energy - 78.61 ft lbs
    Stored energy - 94.1 ft lbs
    Efficiency - 83.54%
    This is how I see it:
    The Diamond Marquis displays terrific balance qualities as it locks on the target and holds tightly. A few times in the past I have written about the differences in bows that seem to drift off target making you fight for it all the way and those rigs that seem to rest easily on the bulls-eye. I would certainly place the Marquis in the rock-solid category. Other thoughts: the Marquis has very little noise, shock or vibration at the shot. Other notables on the Marquis: I found the draw cycle to be a good combination of smooth and aggressive - certainly pleasant. Also, the Realtree Hardwoods camo finish looks great on the Marquis. This is an all-around top-notch bow with many qualities and features deserving of a test run by anyone looking to purchase a new rig.
    edited November -1
    Buckey, don't get me wrong. I'm very happy with the bow. It is much faster than my old bow also much smoother and VERY QUIET!!!! I am just wanting to get peak performance out of it. I have replaced the string and it seems better. I think the person that I had originally set up the bow did not do a good job. I found flaws in his workmanship so I will be taking the bow to another shop. I think all my problems now revolve around tuning
    edited November -1
    Buckey, don't get me wrong. I'm very happy with the bow. It is much faster than my old bow also much smoother and VERY QUIET!!!! I am just wanting to get peak performance out of it. I have replaced the string and it seems better. I think the person that I had originally set up the bow did not do a good job. I found flaws in his workmanship so I will be taking the bow to another shop. I think all my problems now revolve around tuning
    Just wanted to show you the specs I also want you to get peak performance out of the bow... keep me postedI really liked it too.