In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

what kind broadhead for my first black bear hunt??

dennisjohnsondennisjohnson Member Posts: 471 ✭✭
hi all! just discovered this forum..avid whitetail hunter...have gotten the oppertunity to go to northrn minn. and try for a black bear. i have a golden eagle set at 65 31 inch draw. was looking for any tips on broadhead or settings that will help get me that rug ive always wanted! thanks in advance![:D]

dennis

Comments

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome aboard Dennis,Crimson Talon, expensive as can be but are supposed to be great. Myself, i've taken bear with my 100 gr. Thunderhead. My brother has killed a bear using Muzzys, all 3 very good broadheads. Pick one and stick with it , if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    See Headzilla's "Broad Head Lethality chart". It's posted about 10 down.

Ben

www.RightFieldSucks.com
  • dennisjohnsondennisjohnson Member Posts: 471 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks guys! much appreciated! Dennis

dennis
  • hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I took my first black bear last May 31st. I use the 2 blade 100gr Steel Force serated broadheads. I was told that the serated broadheads would not penatrat very well at all. I have used these broadheads for 3 seasons and they have always went completly through the animals I have shot, white tail deer, bear, exotics and hogs. The bear I shot in Saskatchewan weighed over 300 pounds and missed P&Y by 1/2" he went 90 yards and dropped, complete penatration. But these broadheads do have a down side, they warp very easy. So you can not do much practicing with them. I leave in 2 days for another bear hunt and hope to bring another bear home with the same Steel Force broadheads.

Hornet
  • dennisjohnsondennisjohnson Member Posts: 471 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks & good luck on your hunt hornet.

dennis