In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mathews DXT or Switchback XT

tcleartclear Member Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
I am right now looking at picking up another bow. I had a switchback and got rid of it. I feel it was one of the worst decisions I have made as I haven't been truely happy with a bow since. I wanted to try a newer mathews, but I do not have the money to get into a brand new one (monster or the z7). I am just wondering if there are any opinions on these two. Found a DXT set up for 450 and the XT at 550 (both are 08's). Both in 70lb and correct draw. Is there any real advantage or diadvantage to either (other than the additional 100 they want for the XT?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    hang on to the switchback if you have one if not Im thinking of the z and may have one for you at a real good price.

I love the monster its a killer. not a bow you want too shoot all day but when the moment comes slam bam what killer reminds me of my old darton with the hatchet cams. except quiet no hand shock''
    monster is one of the most underrated bows in my opinion.
    [;)]
  • tcleartclear Member Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I very much wish I still had my switchback. Sold it 2 years ago and have not liked anything I have owned since (Bowtech). I am unable to find a switchback anywhere close and do not really trust one off of ebay. I just didn't know if anyone had any opinions on the DXT or the SB XT. I have those two located nearby at prices I can afford. The DXT is only 450 set up (but about 1.5 hours from me) and the XT is 550. I would be interested in any other setup if it were around that money though.
    I did like the monster that I shot last month, but I cannot afford a new one right now.
    Thanks!
    Tom
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    From what I've read, the SB XT seems to be the bow of choice over the DXT. This is only from what I have read on other archery forums. I have an SB XT but have not shot a DXT.
    edited November -1
    Thanks. That is what a buddy of mine who ha shot mathews for decades now said too (buys a new one nearly every year). Just wanted to see if others had the same opinion and maybe could let me know why that is the case. It is an extra hundred, but may be worth it in the long run.
    Thanks a bunch!
    Tom
  • MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im selling a Switchback XT on the auction side. Im only selling because I have too many bows right now. I had 2 XT's and I bought a new Reezen last year. You cant even compare the original switchback to the SB XT, imo. The XT is the smoothest shooting bow I have ever shot. Very accurate,very fast,very quiet. Its more accurate than my Reezen. I hear good things about the DXT also though. Never shot on myself.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you really liked the Switchback and want another get an S2. From what I saw it is exactly like the old Switchback with a different name after they pulled it from the line. I bet you can get one for a decent price.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you can the DXT for $450 jump on that deal...
    I've have/had just about every Mathews since the Z-Max and the DXT is way better than the SBXT.
    Like said above if your wanting to get the Switchback look at the S2.
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all for the advice. I think I am going to go and pick up the DXT. Guy does not want to move on the SB XT, so will save the 100 bucks and grab the dxt for now.
    On a side note, I shot a Hoyt alphamax - haven't picked up a hoyt in a while - and I really liked it! Very smooth shooting bow. A lot quieter than I remember any hoyt being that I shot years ago. This one was near 700 bucks, so out of what I would like to spend now, but I did really like it!
    edited November -1
    After a bunch of floundering back and forth I bought the DXT. Have all winter and spring to shoot it to see how I like it. Both are a pretty unbelievable improvement over the switchback, which is the last Mathews that I owned.
  • green milegreen mile Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get the Switchback, and this is not because I own one. I have a good friend at work who has the DXT, and it is too light and too short for my taste. The dang thing is hard to keep on sight unless you have a 11" + doinker on it.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tclear
    After a bunch of floundering back and forth I bought the DXT. Have all winter and spring to shoot it to see how I like it. Both are a pretty unbelievable improvement over the switchback, which is the last Mathews that I owned.

I like mine...[:)]

IMG_0055.jpg

This one is All Black now.
    IMG_0001-5.jpg