In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Coming to an end....

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
So season here is coming close to the end. It saddens me very much. I have one scheduled huntin trip left and hopefully I can find time to hunt at least once before that. guess I can't complain I have taken 5 so far but still have people that want some meat and I wish I could provide it for them (and I need some more summer sausage[:D]).
So how are things for the rest of you? When does your season end? How has season been for you so far? Any hunts planned before season ends? Any new plans for next season, ie. new equip., out of state hunts ect.?
Hopefully this will get some action and conversation started. Hoytboy you can chime in too, Any chance you will pick up a Mathews so I will quit calling you Hoytboy?[;)]

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Comments

• Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hoytboy here, Nope! Not giving up the RazorTec anytime soon. Wife would kill me! Now if someone wanted to be generous enough to DONATE a new Mathews Switchback to me, that could be a different story![:D][}:)][:D] As for my season, it pretty much ended last weekend when our muzzleloader season went out. Late archery is still in but I really hate bow hunting when it's this cold. Plus, I've taken three and that's enough for me. I got my buck and it's been one of my best years ever so I'm more than happy with how this year has gone. Now my attention shifts to WABBITS and I'll see what I can do with a few of them.

waco.gif
    Semper Fi!
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my season ends the 31st of jan sofar no luck here let a few does and a couple of small bucks walk but my freezer is getting empty so may have to shoot one here soon.after season going to look for soon land to lease in middle alabama, or a good club to join .
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    ends Jan 31 here. diddent get to hunt nearlyas much asI wanted too. but I got a couple so I'm OK.. maybe I can pick up one more late season...[;)]

Mathews1.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Now if someone wanted to be generous enough to DONATE a new Mathews Switchback to me, that could be a different story!

So you can be converted, its still possible to save you from the dark side! [:0][:D]

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    bang, of coarse he can be converted the onlyreason he shoots a hoyt is because he's nevershot a Mathews,[:0][B)][:D][:D]

Mathews1.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:So you can be converted, its still possible to save you from the dark side!

So are you volunteering to "save" me from the dark side by donating a new Swithcback[?] When they make one that shots better than my Razortec, I might consider getting a Mathews... If I can still pull a compound back at that age![B)][:D]

waco.gif
    Semper Fi!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [quoteWhen they make one that shots better than my Razortec, I might consider getting a Mathews... If I can still pull a compound back at that age!][/quote]

Man, I think he just took a swing below the belt.[:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Man, I think he just took a swing below the belt.

Welcome to the dark side![}:)][:D]

waco.gif
    Semper Fi!
  • Options
    addicted1addicted1 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our season ends Jan. 4th.
    I've killed 10 so far this year, 5 with my Mathews Q2.
    The other 5 I killed with my Muzzleloader.
    Only 2 bucks a 4 and a 5 point.
    Lots of meat in the freezer though. One more hunt scheduled before its all over till next year.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our BOW ends on the 10th of Jan, I got a nice 8pt with my SWITCHBACK[:D]...Late ML started up on Monday 12/19/05 goes to 01/10/06 so I'll be doing that.

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We ended up with 4 total. 2 more than I expected![;)] I took 2 during shotgun season,step-son got 2 also... I only got to draw on one deer this season with my bow and he changed direction on me and walked out of my range. I did get to see quite a few this year but no real shot ever presented itself for me. I did use a decoy for a while but the deer almost seemed too afraid to come in close to it. I'll try again next year...We are still filling our feeders and will continue until the weather breaks. We have had snow-cover for a long time now and the deer are very hungry. We saw 3 yesterday leaving the feeder as we went to re-fill it. I just dug out the deer-cam and plan on setting it up again to see whats out there!..... Probably them Damn *'s mostly!

Ruric, NE OHIO,
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:addicted1 Posted - 12/22/2005 : 5:55:00 PM
    Our season ends Jan. 4th.
    I've killed 10 so far this year, 5 with my Mathews Q2.
    The other 5 I killed with my Muzzleloader.
    Only 2 bucks a 4 and a 5 point.
    Lots of meat in the freezer though. One more hunt scheduled before its all over till next year.

Ding Dangit! Theres another one![:D] Welcome to the bunch even if you do shoot one of THOSE bows.[;)][:D] We have fun here feel free to jump in on things!

waco.gif
    Semper Fi!