In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

hunting in Illinois

hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
Hi guys, it's been a while since I have been here. Real busy at work and hunting, more huntinmg and more hunting. I did get to make my yearly jont to Illinois but it was not a productive trip this year. For several years I was seeing all kinds of deer and could pick and chose. Not so this time I might have seen 10 deer in the 3 days I got to hunt and only 2 were bucks, one about 300 yards away in a open field and the other a pencile horned 6 point, big body deer but rag horns. We checked in at a couple of the meet procesing plants around Mt Carmel and they had several big bodied deer but all had small horns.
On the up side I did get premision to come back and bow hunt next year. Finally I will get to use my stick and stru\ing again up in Illinois.
How did everyone else fair this year? I have been out of the loop for a while.

Hornet

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Not as well as I would have liked for archery but can't complain either. I got a very wide 9 with my bow but that has been it. I shot a genetically challanged[:D] buck during firearm season and a nice doe. I am still doe hunting and hopeing for a nice big adult doe, I have my eye on one I just need to get connected. I've seen a few big ones this season but they were always off in the distance.