In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Any advice on a new bow?

DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
After a dry archery season (I tagged out during blackpowder and rifle, plus a nice coyote and a turkey), I gave my Pearson Spoiler to my son. I had that bow for 15 years and it served me well. I have my choices narrowed down to (2) bows. The Parker Spitfire (300 fps single cam) or the Diamond "Black Ice" from Bowtech. Anybody own either of these? I shot the Black Ice yesterday at Gander Mt. and it is very fast, smooth and quiet. It has the "beyond parralell" design. The Black Ice is $750 and the Parker is $350. Any advice much appreciated.

Here is a picture of the yote. I am in the process of tanning it right now.

Regards, Don

Yote.jpg

Comments

• Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No doubt the Black Ice would be my choice from the 2 listed. There are tons of GREAT bows out there. If you like the single cam feel, you would do well to look at the Mathews/Mission line. Mission X3 bows are priced really well ($330) and shoot great. Look at the Hoyt Vectrix. I love mine. The local shop has them down to $600 now. They were $729 last year. You may be able to find them even cheaper as the 2008 bows are just hitting the shelf.

There is always the used route too, but you loose any warranty they may have. If price was a factor I would go with Mission. If not I would go to as many shops as possible and shoot everything I could get my hands on.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I have the same opinion. Of the 2 the Black Ice would be my choice.
    The price seems a bit high to me though. You can get a Bowtech General for $775 and I beleive the Mathews Drenilan is running $680. These are the prices around here anyway.

Nice yote BTW! Nice shootin'