In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Alright you Hoyt boys

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
within the last 3 years what Hoyt would you say was the better bow for hunting?

I need to get one but want to research them a little first.

Comments

• dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Vectrix. Hands down. The Katera was fast, but not for me. The Katera XL was a good shooter, but I liked the Vectrix better. The Alpha Max I do not like at all.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    HOws the draw, wall, valley? Heavy? balanced? Not a fan of the Hoyt but this new deal requires me to like them. although it has been a few years since I had one in my hand so maybe these newer ones will change my mind [:D]
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    within the last 3 years what Hoyt would you say was the better bow for hunting?

I need to get one but want to research them a little first.

I didn't know they made a good one...[:D]
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Haven't shot a Hoyt for quite a few years, and then, I bought it used. I did like it though.
    Don't know what to tell you but, I would LOVE to have "someone" tell me "Hey use this here bow on the video."
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    HOws the draw, wall, valley? Heavy? balanced? Not a fan of the Hoyt but this new deal requires me to like them. although it has been a few years since I had one in my hand so maybe these newer ones will change my mind [:D]

It draws just like a Rezen, I think. Builds sharply, then even until a drop to a solid back wall. Has to be a solid back wall with 2 drawstops. The bow is a bit on the heavy side, but I still put 19oz of stabilizer on it for 3-D. I hunt without the added weight. Balance is signature Hoyt... perfect. The only down side to the Vectrix is mine seems to really tear apart strings. I now have Barracuda strings on it, and they seem to be doing well... but it has only been 2 months.