In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Work?

MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
What do you guys do for a living? and how much time do you have to hunt and perfect you deadly hunting skills [:D]? Myself I'm a student in the Helsinki(capital of Finland) University.

Comments

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Im also a student.I attend the University At Albany in New York state. That is my job along with being on the track team there. Well I was a sneaky one this fall and set up my class scheduel around hunting season Im taking 2 noght classes that meet once a week each and a Education class hwere I healp out my high school football team on satudays.well for my 2 real classes all I have are 2 midterms and one final the other class I have to do a 25 page paper then im done. So I have the following days free to hunt if desired thurs, fr, sat, sun mon, mon morn tuesday and thursday whos jelous?[:)]

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • dennisjohnsondennisjohnson Member Posts: 471 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i own a small trucking bussiness with my brother hauling livestock.i'm usually home everynite.i also manage 1700 acers of hunting land for some guys for hunting.i usually try to shoot every weekend.our deer season lasts 3 months so i don't get too excited till the last few weeks of october.[:)]P.S. i'm 40[:0]

dennis
  • hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I work at a Chemical plant in South Mississippi, swing shifts. I love the swing shifts. I am off during the week and don't have many people in the woods while I am hunting Monday - Friday, just my hunting partners. It is nice to have a entire WMA to your self. I also don't have many of the members in our hunting club on our lease during the week. The deer are not destriberd and they travle more often that during the weekend when everyone is hunting.

Hornet.
  • in2b8uin2b8u Member Posts: 115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife works, I am a stay at home dad. I get parolled this year as my last home bound child goes off to Kindergarden. I started shooting my bow w/ my other kids in june. Hopefully this year I ll get to hunt a lot. Well see how the year progresses. I have a 10-60 yard target in the back yard for archery, and a spot to hang a stand to practice out of, and in one of my lower fields I have a 100 yard shooting range w/ a bench, hopefully be able to extend it out to 250 this fall.

I proudly pledge allegience to one nation under God.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I work in Veterinary Medicine research in the parasitology division. Also Roof and siding and thinking of getting into a pet crematorium business. The side jobs pay for the hunting/fishing that I do. Have alot of time for Pheasant, dove and coyote hunting( can do them out the back door) Deer I generally drive a couple hours so only weekends when season arrives. Although Child #2 [:D]is on the way so that may make it every other weekend.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    bang250, thinking of getting into a pet crematorium business??? serious? Is there an actual need for that? I've never heard of anything like that.

I'm 29 years old, engaged (for to long if you ask her[:D]), and a really cool guy. [8D][:D][;)] I hunt normally just on weekends, sometimes if I'm feeling froggy I hunt in the morning before work. I use about 2 weeks of vacation bow hunting at different times.

I work in a variety of areas. We build industrial scales for the weights and measurements industry, so that gets me involved with manufacturing, electronics, and purchasing inventory. Another department builds air ride suspensions for light trailers, so that keeps me involved with manufacturing also, sales, and just about anything else that comes up. The suspensions mainly go on horse trailers, but also race car trailers, stock trailers, utility trailers. Mark Martin even has them on two of his kids trailers (his kid races go carts), orange county choppers has our air ride on their Renegade Trailer to.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I am an insurance salesman. I used to sell cars, but I wasn't sleazy enough. I talked to a career counselor that informed me that even though I was not sleazy enough to sell cars, I had just enough sleaze to sell insurance. Insurance is working out fairly well for me, but I am going to be getting a broker's license this year so that I can also manage investments. It's amazing that the sleaze requirements aren't that high for investment brokers. Anyone want a hot tip? I can get Enron stock dirt cheap.

Ben
  • MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I study biology so hunting and studies work well together, only problem is that there are a lot of vegans , fruitans and other basketcases that thinks hunting is worse than gasing jews, so I have some clashes with other students. In the winter we'll have a course in tracking and I'm really looking forward having that.
  • Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    I just turned 22 today and am a bookkeeper/asst. accountant for a small management company. Because of my office hours and 1.5 hour commute most of my hunting is saved for the weekends. I wish I had the schedules of some of you folks though. Man that has got to be sweet.

I also attend community college when I can.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a substance abuse counselor for strung out deer that can't kick the deer cane stuff[:D][:D] Actually right now I am a stay at home dad/mechanic out of my garage. Plus I rebuild basket case harleys and sell em. So I pretty much hunt M-F then spend the weekends with family, except shotgun season when I travel to So. Il to hunt with my dad and brothers.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
    edited November -1
    Susp. I know it sounds crazy but 90-95% of animals that die or are put down at the Vet. clinics are cremated. Big business!!! Several of the clinics in this area (Champ/Urbana central Ill.) send there animals clear to Chicago. I just need to get word out that the services are here.
    edited November -1
    unreal..I never knew that. some friends of mine father is a vet, he injects something into animals he puts down then he used to bury them on their property with a bull dozer, not sure if that is still the technique or not.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I am a forum consultant,I visit hunting forums, My job is to pretend to be interested in hunting and evaluate the folks who visit these forums. During my analisis of this forum I have come to the conclusion. your all a bunch of nut- bags who drink too much beer kill too many bees, sell drugs to deer and on top of all that you allow a woman to run over your hunting equipment with the family vechicle. [}:)] Na I am a maintenance supervisor at an aerosol plant we manufacture Hair sprays stick deoderant, foot sprays and a lot of other products we currently have 38 plants world wide our company headquaters is based in canada. our corprate headquaters is in Danville illinois
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey buckeyboy, that wouldn't happen to be CCL would it? I know a few people that work there. In fact i'm only 8 miles south of Danville.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
    edited November -1
    You got it Taco, CCL Custom Mfg. Boy now we really got to get together when I'm out there I will be there Nov 7th to the 19th at Rend lake.[:0][:0]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

I am a forum consultant,I visit hunting forums, My job is to pretend to be interested in hunting and evaluate the folks who visit these forums. During my analisis of this forum I have come to the conclusion. your all a bunch of nut- bags who drink too much beer kill too many bees, sell drugs to deer and on top of all that you allow a woman to run over your hunting equipment with the family vechicle. [}:)] Na I am a maintenance supervisor at an aerosol plant we manufacture Hair sprays stick deoderant, foot sprays and a lot of other products we currently have 38 plants world wide our company headquaters is based in canada. our corprate headquaters is in Danville illinois

who you referring to Willis? A number of those things were directed straight at me. I might get mad and leave the forum, I recall some upstanding memebers ([^]) who left when they got mad or upset over something. Then again I might stick around and bother you all....[^][:D]

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

your all a bunch of nut- bags who drink too much beer kill too many bees, sell drugs to deer and on top of all that you allow a woman to run over your hunting equipment with the family vechicle.

Buckey, you better be careful. I resemble that statement also!!![:(!][:)][:(!][;)]

Suspension, that's the only thing that separates us from the Gen Pop forum. We don't get mad. Here's to my Archery Buddies!!!BRRRRRRRRRRP!!!![:p]
    edited November -1
    uuhh!! somebody say (hickup) beer? [:p]
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    I am a Crane Operator in a Steel Mill.Overhead Crane in the Casting Dept. of the Melt Shop.

I can lift over 200 tons with little effort.

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
    edited November -1
    beer? Huh? Ben I think you scared Buckey off or else he left for another vacation. [;)]

s.gun do you drag your deer out with that to? [;)] That wouldn't happen to be a plant by the name of MIE would it?

edited November -1
    Good I can see I have done my job well. I was able to get a rise out of you guy's. I'm going nuts waiting for the season to start this year[:D]
    edited November -1
    Crow, Coyote, and ground hog are all fair game around here right now. Sept 1st brings in squirrel, dove, and I believe fox to. Plus there's endless fishing everynight after work. Buckey maybe you better move to keep your patience in tact.[:)]

• rovrmanrovrman Member Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am a Service Manager at a local automotive dealership. Use to be a tech but got tired of bending over cars

french people don't speak german, thank my dad for that
    edited November -1
    Sus, If my wife dident have family here I most likely would move. 1 more month 4weeks till bow season.[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:p]
    edited November -1
    She would understand buckey, she knows you NEED to hunt. [:D]

• s1rGr1nG0s1rGr1nG0 Member Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a contractor working in the Middle-East, (Kuwait), get virtually no time to shoot and I'm only in the states about 30 days out of the year! :( BUT, hopefully when this is all over I'll have about 600 acres in South or West Texas and will be able to shoot all I want! :)
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum, s1rgr1go. What's your name mean?

Ben
  • pacyewpacyew Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a grumpy, cynical, old burnt out career archery professional - and by the personal bios above, far too ancient to fit in with a pack you young, fresh faced guys the likes of you'all. Anybody here eligible to order off the senior menu at Dennys?

However, I have had a lot of fun over the last 40 years or so and am far from totally worn out. Last week of Sept. I'll be headed off to the NWT for another Caribou junket which should remove the grumpy, cynical burnt out componets. By the end of the Season I might even be human again.

No - I'm not selling anything - why would I want to ruin my fun.

Jay
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pacyew
    I'm a grumpy, cynical, old burnt out career archery professional -

You'll fit in just fine. Stick around, we can use someone who knows their stuff.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg