In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Howatt Recurve Bow...

frootloopsfrootloops Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I received this bow from a family friend several years ago and was wondering how much it is worth. It is in almost perfect condition, and I would say was only used a few times.

This is what is on it...

45#@28" HH79757-62" Howatt Hunter

Thanks for any information you may provide.

Froot Loops

Comments

• captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Sorry to say...There's just not many Bow and Arrow Men onboard...! The Forums had a Bow and Arrow section several years ago...but after 3 years there was only a handful of Questions and ansewers....At which point that Forum was deleted...I welcome you to the FORUMS and the <gunbroker.com> family, and hope you stay around and come online once in a while...If there's anything I/We can possibly do for you in the way of firearms questions, besure to Post on the Ask the Experts Forum...It will be our pleasure to be of assistance to You in that area...and Feel free to Visit our other sights......best.....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff<P><BR>
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Capt. Kirk is correct, most archery questions here come from newer posters and go begging for response. Be happy to have you stick around, but to get an answer you may have to go looking for an archery board or two. Good Luck!
  • HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might want to at least try the one right here...

http://forums.gunbroker.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=3

Love them Pre-64's!!!!-Bob
  • TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Frootloop, Recurve bows are starting to become collectible and prices are going up. When compound bows first came out and for years after, you couldn't give a recurve away. Now, many bowhunters are going back to them and many are collecting the good old ones from the 60's and 70's. I would value yours for around $100, maybe more. I often see recurves go for over $200. Keep an eye on E-bay and see what people are paying. It's hard to but a price on yours since so few are sold. The next "obsolete" item that I think will come back around is sidelock muzzleloaders. I'm buying all the good ones I find at bargain prices, especially Lyman Great Plains, and Thompson Center Hawkens. This week I bought a CVA St. Louis Hawken for $30 in excellent condition, it looks unfired. My advice is to hang onto your recurve and buy more when you find a deal. In 10 years you'll be glad you did.

"Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away." Thoreau
  • James AyersJames Ayers Member Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for reminding me frootloops- I went to my weapons shed and dug behind a bunch of ammo and found my 1966 Howatt Catalina 38# 69 incher double recurve , I forgot I had it- I think it's fiber glass and walnut -beautiful!!

+if you ever feel lost, just talk to a native" JIMBO
  • ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    45# is the draw weight - 45 pounds.

@28&quot; is the length of draw. Think of it as your sleeve length.

hh... - Howatt Hunter and assume the rest of the numbers are a model designation or identifier of some sort. To my knowledge, bows do not have serial numbers.

62" is the bow's length or height, if you prefer. The distance from tip to tip.

No idea as to value. Welcome to the board.