In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tip Of Antler In My Deer

crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
Yes sir. Couldn't believe it. I was cutting up one of the back legs and there was something sticking out of one of the pieces of meat. Did not know what it was at the time So I squeezed the part of the meat and out it popped right onto the floor. I knew what it was as soon as I picked it up. It is about an inch long and you can tell very planely what it is. It looks like it may have been in there for a good while maybe a couple of years by the loooks of it. I have heard of people finding various things but never a tip of an antler. I bet that hurt when that buck rammed his back quarter. I know S. Gun and I found some bb's in the heart of one of his Ohio big bucks. They were planted on the very outside layer of the heart. Don't even know how that deer lived after the shot he took from some idiot small game hunting I suppose took a crack at him. BB's anywhere in the heart I would figure would kill a deer even lightly penetrated. Getting back to the piece of the antler, I bet those ol bucks really go at it at times. Very vicious fights I bet.[:0]

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!

Comments

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    That is the first time I ever heard of anyone finding antler in a deer. I've found a broadhead once and have heard of people finding bullets. Definately sounds like yours was end a heated battle at one time. Lucky you found it during butchering, bet that woulda make a tooth hurt if you bit down on it. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It would have sent me to the dentist for sure. I am sure glad I don't have to get into brawls like that and get stuck in the behind. Ouch! I would love to see a good fight between a couple of bucks though. Maybe even three of them. Never got to witness a fight like that and would love to see one.[B)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    A buddy of mine got to see a pretty major fight last year. He normally always takes his cam corder with him except that time. [:(!]
    He said it was amazing at how loud the cracks were when they came together. He was lucky enough to see a couple what he felt were 2-1/2 year old deer and both had pretty decent racks.

The dentist woulda made some money off your antler, that's for sure. [:D] My dentist is like a second father almost, seems like I spent most of my childhood with him. [:D] He did well off my parents money to. From falling head first into the celler to getting kicked in the mouth by a horse he got to see me a bunch. [:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Kicked in the mouth by a horse? My god I think you should feel very lucky to be alive and concious. I bet that hurt for a month or so. My mouth hurts now just thinking about it. You weren't teasing it were you like I see some of these kids teasing dogs and then wonder why the dog bit them. [:0]

• Options
    edited November -1
    It knocked me clear out, no I wasn't teasing it I was brushing it down after riding. Hard to tell what happened, but it happened fast I know that. [:D][:D]
    Got a mouth full of false teeth now. That happened when I was like 12 or 13 I think.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    riverriver Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    first for me but not surprised