In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I'M HOME

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
They had to do a total replacement. THe pain hasn't been too bad. I was walking a little on it the next day and by the end of that day I could get into bed by myself. The last time it took a week and a half.
When I got home I decided to try the stairs to my room and made it. It's slow but I can get up there.
I have to keep no more than 50% weight on it and I can't bend passed 90 degree. Thats the worst. I have to have my socks and pants put on. Not near as much fun as having them taken off.[:D]
And the meds are something else. I took one when I got home and dreamed that I was changing spark plugs or something. I got shocked and woke up with a jolt. It hurt but was funny.
Thanks all, Chief

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep at it, you will be good as new in no time.
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now you are officially a young-old man(and yes I am still using that term loosely).[:D]

Glad to hear everything went well. Sounds like recovery is going very well too.

Jon
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Glad things went well and your home. Enjoy your meds! [:D]
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome home hope everything comes to improve for you
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Welcome home Cheif.. Can I share those meds? I need a jolt TOO[:D][:D]
    best wishes for a speedy recovery. [;)]
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Them meds are all mine. Trying not to over due them but my PT told me I'd heal better if I keep up with them so I'm gonna fol Drs. orders.[;)]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You were gone?[:D] Glad everything went well Chief.
    edited November -1
    Who was the manufacturer of your original hip?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14

Cormet. It had a coating on the titanium socket. The coating was for the bone to graft/adhere to. The coating seperated from the socket. The cap on the femur was just that. It only had about a 2" pin that went down thru the leg.
    They were gonna put the same thing in but couldn't get the cap off. So I got a total "Revision".
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14

Cormet. It had a coating on the titanium socket. The coating was for the bone to graft/adhere to. The coating seperated from the socket. The cap on the femur was just that. It only had about a 2" pin that went down thru the leg.
    They were gonna put the same thing in but couldn't get the cap off. So I got a total "Revision".

Design wise, I never cared for those type. Not a biomed engineer, nor do I understand how the body reacts to things, but it seemed to me that the screw in sockets would hold up better in the long run. It would be damn hard to break a bone screw in the hip area that is holding in the socket.

I never worked with the manufacturing of the composite joints like you had or probably have now. I would imagine they are not easy to make. Titanium by nature, does not like things other than titanium sticking to it.
    edited November -1
    My Dr. had only seen it happen one other time. Just hoping that the left on holds.
    The plus on them is that they do not destroy any leg bone. they are intended for younger people or active people.