In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mad

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
I'm mad about a couple things. First, all this flooding around here has messed up my LAST month of bow hunting and that really burns me. Another thing is Mr or Mrs 234-567-8923! That's the phone number that called my house 18 times yesterday, left 7 messages on my answering machine and called 16 times today and left 10 messages on my answering machine. I've tried calling the number and it tells me the number is not available. Some of the messages sound like a woman's voice, others sound like a raper, and some sound like a mentally challenged person. It's three different people to, not just some kid playing games. It's really starting to tick me off.
Any ideas how I can figure out who it is and where they live?

Comments

• mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call the phone company and explain what is happening, and if they can't do anything call the Police. Save the Messages and the Callir ID accounts.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Man I wish there was something I could do for you,, I know all to much how it is to be frustrated and helpless. The flooding issue, sorry about your last bowhunting I know my last trip sucked[B)]. Hoping to get a spring turkey permit so I can bow hunt then. What part of Ohio are you in? just wondering I saw snow on radar over there and there is a small chance I am headed that way in a week or two. My mother just bought another Expedition in Avon Oh, and we have to go pick it up. Not sure if I or Dad will be going, depends on when he gets back in town. We still have places out here where the water that was crossing the roads is ice now. Had my moms ole jeep the other day (ya know cause I'm truckless) for a few hours and hit one of those spots while watching deer in the field scared the poop out of me. thought I was going to roll it.
    On the phone issue thanks for sharing the number I have nation wide long distance on my cell I'll call them for you just for fun[:D]. If it is not a valid number it is probably telemarketers. I'm guessing.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry about your hunting season, I know how that goes. I spent almost a month being sick and the worst part was it happened during the rut[:(] If there was any heavy breathing from that number let me know, i'll have that on speed dial [:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    If you notice the number is inline... as in 2....3....4...5....6.. and so on. I would be willing to bet it is a kid playing with internet phone systems. You can make it appear to call from any number you want. Sorry to tell you this but most likely the only thing you can do is wait it out until they go away. The cost to track someone like that is usually more than most people would want to spend. We spent almost 25k to track a hacker that got into our office computers only to find out that even though there were tracks it was not 'enough' to bring charges against them. It sucks.
  • BigEdBigEd Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sus......was wondering about your whereabouts...sorry to hear about the flooding....the house I grew up in had 20 inches of water in it when I was a kid (1970), straight out of the pasture....biomass and all. My wife uses a reverse lookup website to identify numbers called on company cell phones (and used for personal purposes). I don't remember the name of the site used but a search should find one or more for you....would that be helpful? Did you mean raper or rapper?[8D]
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you say the one was a RAPER or a RAPPER[?][:D][:D]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ENOS29
    Did you say the one was a RAPER or a RAPPER[?][:D][:D]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..

I was thinkin the same thing., and they give me grief about a goat and here others attack deer[:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Where do I start? So much info for a silly topic. [:D]
    Bang, I have to look up Avon, Oh cause I don't know where it is.....Avon is right on Lake Erie, looks to be about 2 hours or 100 miles from me. I live southeast of Avon, about a half hour or so south of Canton (home of the football hall a fame, don't ask me about it though, never been there[:D]). Speaking of that jeep incident, I used to have a landcrusier, kinda a fun vehicle thing, boy it sure did roll easy, even had big ole 35 inch dick cepec tires on it and it would roll without much warning. Them short wheel bases are dangerous.
    taco, no heavy breathing, sorry. AND to all who are making fun of my spelling [}:)] I meant rapper. I won't go into much more detail about that.
    Ed, I tried that reverse number lookup on the yellow pages.com, but no luck. and we were lucky enough to be about the only people around here that didn't get any water in our house, just had problems getting to and from the house, but we got one road open now.

gagirl, I didn't notice that until you brought it up. That is weird how the numbers are sequencial. internet phone system huh, can they hack our computer by doing that? We have cable internet service, not dial up so I doubt they could, but you can't tell anymore. If this is a kid, by the way we got 11 more calls today, but no messages, I'd sure like to meet up with the little booger.
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Can they hack into cable systems.....[:D].. yes hun they sure can. We had a local 'computer guru' hack into our system. He got thru cable.. firewall...and windows business security. All our files deal with Fed regulated transactions and we could show 'tracks' but the DA said there were not enough tracks to really do anything to him. So our office was down for over a week and the guy messed with Federal Files and we can do NOTHING. It is a computer and you can get into any computer if you work hard enough.

its all about pucks and bucks
    edited November -1
    If I wasn't totally sold on how nice you are I might think you were making fun of my computer knowledge. [B)][;)]
  • puffidredzpuffidredz Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    I'm mad about a couple things. First, all this flooding around here has messed up my LAST month of bow hunting and that really burns me. Another thing is Mr or Mrs 234-567-8923! That's the phone number that called my house 18 times yesterday, left 7 messages on my answering machine and called 16 times today and left 10 messages on my answering machine. I've tried calling the number and it tells me the number is not available. Some of the messages sound like a woman's voice, others sound like a raper, and some sound like a mentally challenged person. It's three different people to, not just some kid playing games. It's really starting to tick me off.

Hi, I have received this phone number 234-567-8923 calling my house @ 8AM (a rude awakeing while I was sleep) this morning too. I answered the phone and it hung up. I tried to call it back and I got a message saying the number was invalid; it says UNKNOWN NAME and 234-567-8923 on my caller ID. This is the first time I have received this call so I hope it does not become a habit but I have blocked this number from calling me after finding your message. I am not interested in GunBrokering but I was searching on the Internet for the phone number to see who it was and I came up with this message from this group. So I joined so I could respond to you and let you know you aren't alone. My phone provider is Cavalier Telephone but I had my number ported over from Cox Telephone. All I could find is that the number is from Ohio and that the number could "not" exist. I ran a search on the area code 234 and prefix 564 and here is what I came up with:

If you received the message "Not Found" and are absolutely sure the area code/prefix combination shown above is part of a valid phone number (double-check to be sure you entered it correctly) please write us. Be sure to include the above area code/prefix. BUT FIRST, IF YOU GOT THE PHONE NUMBER ON A CALLER ID UNIT, READ THIS: Even though your caller ID unit may display a phone number, that does NOT mean that the area code and prefix combination actually exists. Sometimes telemarketers and others use FAKE information. Therefore that is probably why the area code and prefix combination you are looking for was "not found" on our database.

I am curious to know what did they say in the messages on your machine?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by puffidredz

Hi, I have received this phone number 234-567-8923 calling my house @ 8AM (a rude awakeing while I was sleep) this morning too. I answered the phone and it hung up. I tried to call it back and I got a message saying the number was invalid; it says UNKNOWN NAME and 234-567-8923 on my caller ID. This is the first time I have received this call so I hope it does not become a habit but I have blocked this number from calling me after finding your message. I am not interested in GunBrokering but I was searching on the Internet for the phone number to see who it was and I came up with this message from this group. So I joined so I could respond to you and let you know you aren't alone. My phone provider is Cavalier Telephone but I had my number ported over from Cox Telephone. All I could find is that the number is from Ohio and that the number could "not" exist. I ran a search on the area code 234 and prefix 564 and here is what I came up with:

If you received the message "Not Found" and are absolutely sure the area code/prefix combination shown above is part of a valid phone number (double-check to be sure you entered it correctly) please write us. Be sure to include the above area code/prefix. BUT FIRST, IF YOU GOT THE PHONE NUMBER ON A CALLER ID UNIT, READ THIS: Even though your caller ID unit may display a phone number, that does NOT mean that the area code and prefix combination actually exists. Sometimes telemarketers and others use FAKE information. Therefore that is probably why the area code and prefix combination you are looking for was "not found" on our database.

I am curious to know what did they say in the messages on your machine? Oh and by the way, I live in Virginia. Is a prank really worth a long-distance call?
    edited November -1

I am curious to know what did they say in the messages on your machine? Oh and by the way, I live in Virginia. Is a prank really worth a long-distance call?
    edited November -1

In addition, I was able to trace it back to this web site http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:xtP1fNd54hkJ:www.al-lynn.com/weddings/design3/weddinginfo.htm+234-567-8923&hl=en

I hope this is not their sick way of trying to get people to come to their wedding.

edited November -1
    Oops. I would really like to apologize. I did not realize that my post showed up that many times and I don't have a way to erase the previous ones. I really apologize. Damn, that "back" button.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Don't worry about it puffi. Beginner's mistake.

While we got you here: Welcome to the forum. Do you participate in any outdoor sports?

Ben
    edited November -1
    puffidredz, did you e-mail me about this or just post this message? I emailed someone today about this.

Anyway here's what ended up with me. The area I live in recently went through some flooding. The number 234-567-8923 was coming from the service repair guys fixing and testing all the telephone boxes that have been damaged in our area. As far as why I had various people on my machine and got different people when I tried calling that number back I have no idea. Maybe they had lines crossed or rather fiber optic problems that let calls interfer with each other.

Now since this is the only reason you joined our merry little group then we need to get you setup bow hunting. Virginia has deer! [;)]
    Do you even have an interest in archery?
    edited November -1
    I just had an idea. Since puffidredz found this post from searching the net, think I could post a message to Jennifer Aniston. Maybe we would end up hooking up then. [^][:D][:D][;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent