In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I'm just......

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Dyin' to shoot my bow. Anyone else having this problem? [:D]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine

Comments

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shot mine today at Sam's pro shop[:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Nope I just go outside and shoot....[:p]
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not me my winter league started 3 weeks ago.
  • BigEdBigEd Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I resorted to hunting rabbits the other day I was so desperate. In remarkable similarity to deer hunting, the rabbits all saw me before I saw them.
  • ZUKEBABYZUKEBABY Member Posts: 450 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been dying to shoot mine since Oct. 1st. Seems as if I was always in the wrong stand. My brother did shoot his 4 times though.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    welcome aboard zukebaby.

Ed, that was to funny. [:D]

I shot my bow about 3 maybe 4 weeks ago. When I can't I just drink, suggest you do the same cause it works....I mean it helps...I mean it's fun to do to! [;)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I have it figured out, I have a walk out basement, so if I open the sliding glass door and stand back by the pool table I can set the target up 20yrd outside the door and get 30 yrd shots. Or if I shot over the table I could get even more but I am afraid my beer light(busch Susp.[;)]) might be in the way.
    The wifes gonna think I've lost my mind[:p].

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't risk damage to the beer sign!! Other than that it sounds like a plan to me. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya we would have to move the sign, but think about if a coyote would go past! [:D]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why don't you just go shoot it. Don't let it kill ya[:D][;)]

KungFu.gif
    Opinions are like azzholes, eveyone's got one, and this just happens to be mine!
    edited November -1
    So I did it. Shot out the door. works great and discovered the new peep I put on works even better. When I had it put in they told me I would need to resight. I have tighter groups now then I did before. I stuck four in the circle you can make with your thumb and middle finger. Thats better than I had so to those that are......stop laughing[:D]

Oh I forgot, I told the wife what I did and she said "good job" but I think that means "thanks for not breaking the glass door."
    [^]

edited November -1
    When can I bring my bow over and shoot with ya?[:D]

edited November -1
    Taco- Lets see, This weekend I am going south to buy a new firearm (Sat.) then Sun. I have bids on side jobs to do. Next weekend..Hey I will be at Rocks again for my birthday, It is really on Mon. but we are goin on Sat. cause I don't want to do a week day and my daughters birthday is that Sunday. I can give you a time later if anyone(Central Il people of course)would want to come. I mean you out of staters are welcome but I hate to see ya drive that far.
    So I guess we can see what 3 weeks out looks like, I can't plan that far though. And all plans listed above are subject to change, She(the wife) is close to poppin'[;)]

edited November -1
    I'll drive over and go south with you this weekend if your buying guns. I sure like it when I get a new gun and it is very nice of you to do something like this. Greatly appreciated! So how is it I get there??
    edited November -1
    Not sure how to answer susp. hum I have two answers.

1. just jump on the nearest interstate and drive east. when you get to the water keep going.

2. I said "A" new weapon. singular. uno. one.

After my FIRST million then I start to share... sorry y'all I got "wants" no "needs" and I'm a little greedy like that, but I did say I would share[:D]

edited November -1
    Got me all excited when Bang said he was going to Rocks[:D] I like that place, ALOT[;)]

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Not sure how to answer susp. hum I have two answers.

1. just jump on the nearest interstate and drive east. when you get to the water keep going.

2. I said "A" new weapon. singular. uno. one.

After my FIRST million then I start to share... sorry y'all I got "wants" no "needs" and I'm a little greedy like that, but I did say I would share[:D]

East to water [?] Singular, yes, I wouldn't expect more than one firearm on our first meeting. [:D][:D][;)]

So what are you getting Bang? I hate to admit it, especially on here, but I would rather go buy a gun than a bow. [:0] Sure hope that statement doesn't get me banned. [:(]
    edited November -1
    East to the water meant when you get to the ocean, keep driving. Sorry that didn't make sense, me and bud (wieser) had a little rendevous last night. Getting a .45, it is supposed to be a present for my birthday but since the wife always waits til the last minute I am going to go myself, well not really myself ENOS is going and getting a 9mm too.

edited November -1
    .45 huh. I don't like shooting semi auto's much, mainly because I can't hit anything[:I]. I like the big bore revolvers with 8+ inches of barrel hanging out there.

Enos missed out. I had a P89 9mm in stainless last month. The gun had been fired but it sure wasn't much, clean as a whistle and not a mark on it. I had less than $250 in it, coulda made him a nice deal. [V]
    edited November -1
    You know I really can't tell you why I want a .45 its just one of those things that I just want. does that make sense? I guess just to have one and to have something bigger than the .22 pistol. Maybe its because its cheaper than an AR[:D].

edited November -1
    Make sense? Of course it does. I don't have room for every gun I NEED, but I sure try to make room. [;)]

Oh no, quote:because its cheaper than an AR [xx(] What can you do with those, besides burn up ammo. [:p]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    Ya I don't know what I will really like because don't have any handguns(yet) to judge against. But Bang wanted the .45 so I chose the 9mm so we can talk and see the differances and maybe shoot each others and not be the same ol' gun! [^] Can't wait though.[:p]

edited November -1
    quote:
    because its cheaper than an AR [xx(] What can you do with those, besides burn up ammo. [:p]

I could get more than one shot off before the yote starts to run.

edited November -1
    quote:
    quote:because its cheaper than an AR [xx(] [:p]
    What can you do with those, besides burn up ammo.

I could get more than one shot off before the yote starts to run. [:D]

edited November -1
    True, you should be able to get off quit a few shots with an AR. [:)]
    edited November -1
    Don't know who out there knows what FARM&FLEET is but AMMO is cheaper at walmart!! (at least Remington UMC 9MM shells)

edited November -1
    All our farm & fleets closed or got bought out by tractor supply [}:)] I sure miss farm & fleet, I loved those stores. [V]

Walmart is pretty cheap. I still buy my stuff from my local shop though, he's only a buck or two more a box, but he has treated me very well over the years. Guess I'm one who doesn't like change. [:D] I can go into Rick's and buy: a gun, chips, bait, beer, ammo, pop, jerky, milk, smokes, books, indian type stuff (??? I never asked), and windshield washer fluid. Now if that isn't reneck then I don't know what is. [:D][:D]

edited November -1
    Well where Bang and I just ordered our guns today it was at a resteraunt(sp?) that we go to after hunting for b-fast and he also sells guns,ammo,blinds,pictures, and his daughterUUHH, no that was wrong![:D][:D]

edited November -1
    I've got a good friend that owns a pawn shop and he has a ton of ammo that people leave when the sell or pawn guns then don't pick it up. ENOS, I need to get you and Bang hooked up with ammo from him, I can get it about half price for ya'll.

edited November -1
    SOUNDS GREAT!![:p]

edited November -1
    I'm in. [:D]