In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Muzzleloader season

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
When does muzzloader season start in your state. Ours here In Rhode Island starts this Monday Oct 31.[;)] I took 3 days off work MON Tues and WED. I heve mixed feelings I want to bow hunt somemore, But I can also increase my chances of getting a buck with the gun. pretty good out to 150 yards. plus I can bow hunt till Jan 31 2006. I wish it started a few weeks later. what do you guys and gals think....[?]

Mathews1.gif

Comments

• hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

When does muzzloader season start in your state. Ours here In Rhode Island starts this Monday Oct 31.[;)] I took 3 days off work MON Tues and WED. I heve mixed feelings I want to bow hunt somemore, But I can also increase my chances of getting a buck with the gun. pretty good out to 150 yards. plus I can bow hunt till Jan 31 2006. I wish it started a few weeks later. what do you guys and gals think....[?]

Mathews1.gif

it opens in VA next saturday, the 5th of nov. that means i have 9 days to go buy one and get it set up. somehow i dont' think its gonna happen.

i saw go with the muzzleloader buckey, especially since you can hunt with a bow till the end of january. OR, take your bow and muzzleloader with you and switch off when you feel like it.

39 and counting...
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bow hunt as long as I can until one of the gun seasons come in. For us here in Indiana, shotgun and muzzleloaders are both legal in the "firearms" season and a "muzzleloader" only season is seperate. "Firearms" comes in for us Nov. 12 and ML comes in Dec. 3 with a late archery season. There is a LOT of hunters in my area and the lead really starts flying during the gun season. With so much of the property going to private leases and ownership, that pressure should be getting less though and that will help. Past history shows that when the gun seasons come in, you'll be doing good to get a gun range shot much less a bow range shot. But either way, I can still reach out and touch them with bow, shotgun, or muzzleloader![:D]

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In ohio its always two days after Christmas till the 30th.
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In Indiana, you can use a muzzleloader during firearm season which opens up on the 12th(2 weeks long). We also have a dedicated muzzleloader season which is sometime early december(also 2 weeks long).

"Better to carry a pistol and not need it than need a pistol and not have it." - Me

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/

EMCFRtn.jpgEMT.jpgCERTnew.jpg
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Illinois- Nov. 18-20 Dec. 1-4, 9-11, Jan. 13-15

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Illinois- Nov. 18-20 Dec. 1-4, 9-11, Jan. 13-15

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Got tags fer all of them[:D] You get my e-mail Bang????

00deer4.gif
    edited November -1
    Yes, thank you!![:D][;)]
    wait, how did you get tags for all of them, the Jan. tags aren't available til early Nov. I will be applying then.

edited November -1
    Bang, Landowner tags[:D][:D][:D]

00deer4.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    Bang, Landowner tags[:D][:D][:D]

00deer4.gif

OOHHH!!![:I]

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    So tell me who got the most trashed at the little party[B)]

Mathews1.gif
    edited November -1
    We'd probably have to flip a coin. [^]

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Heads it was bang, tails it was probably still bang.[:D]

Ben

24.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Heads it was bang, tails it was probably still bang.[:D]

Ben

24.gif

Agreed[:D][:D]

00deer4.gif
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are early ML was 15th/23rd of Oct.. Late comes in Dec 19th / Jan 10th

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't need no stinking tags. I got a lifetime license! That means as long as I hunt in Indiana (even if I move out of state) I just have to write my info on a piece of paper and I'm good. Any small game, deer, turkey. Just about anything other than federal birds.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • craig_deer_huntercraig_deer_hunter Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ours in arkansas was Oct 15-23 and the second one is Dec 17-19 I think.

Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to
    use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I think our muzzleloader season is Dec 27th through the 30th this year, not sure it may be 5 days instead of 4.
    What caliber do you all use? I have an old hawkins .54, but the rest are .50's which is what I use the most.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent