In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Who's hunting whitetails?????????

Big TimberBig Timber Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
Who's currently hunting whitetails and what state are you from.

I'm nearing the rut in Iowa and the deer are starting to become very active. Scraps and rubs are being abused and the chasing phase has begun.

BT

Comments

• flyboyflyboy Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hunting whitetails in Minnesota. Seeing about the same activity as you describe, just starting the rut. Less corn left out there every minute for them to hide in also. As for are we that rare, I'm even more rare(I think). I still use a Bear recuve and wood arrows. Had a "space bow" for a few years, but like the simplicity of the recurve. No sights, releases or other stuff that can go to heck on a guy. Plus it weighs next to nothing.
  • keithj57keithj57 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Early stages of the rut in SW Missouri. Cooler temps finally are getting them moving now. Lots of scrapes and rubs showing up.
  • 6MMX2846MMX284 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    YES! Whitetails alive and well in West Virginia. There has been alot of activity the last couple of weeks, have had some rain, it is getting cooler and have seen several bucks chasing does already. Youth hunt yesterday, skin heads only, this netted one nice size doe. Seen a couple of wall hangers, still excited....looking forward to vacation....

In God We Trust...All Others Cash!
  • Big TimberBig Timber Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ruts a week away. The cold weather and precip in the midwest is pushing for the rut. Good luck to all.

BT
  • LABWILDLABWILD Member Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    KY. WEATHER IS JUST NOW TURNING COOLER. IT HAS BEEN WARM. THINGS ARE PICKING UP.
  • predator_hunterpredator_hunter Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The bucks have been scraping good for the last 3 weeks seen a few good rubs more scrape than rubs my friend said he seen a small buck chasing a doe i am going to have to get the ball moving i havent kill one with my bow and rifle season opens a week from Saturday here in ARK
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    I'm hunting here in Ohio.Haven't bagged a Deer for so long;I'm shooting at any Deer. I don't care if his tail is Black.

:)

I am confused at times.We park on driveways anddrive on parkways.
  • 85Ranger85Ranger Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree S.Gun...I'm so hungry for venison, it doesn't matter if it's got antlers or not...if it looks like a deer, I am taking it. Saw 4 decent sized doe last night...they were on the other side of the ravine though...guess I'm gonna have to rethink my strategy. More and more scrapes have shown up, so it's promising here in Stark Co.
  • lead lobberlead lobber Member Posts: 195 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am in NY and bucks are chasing does. The doe I saw looked like it was in heat- tail out. It bow here still and I am way behind- I have an empty freezer!! And I have put in the hrs! I hoped to have some PICS to post. Keep you updated
  • COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll be in south louisiana and hunttin since oct 1st..........

Hurricane Lili came through few weeks back and the deer went invisible and the skitters multiplied...............

No luck here yet.......... but its nice just to get out the house with me and my shannon's bug tammer suit...............

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.
  • LABWILDLABWILD Member Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We just had our first snow here in Ky. I was out yesterday scouting my stand locations. Lots of tracks around two of my positions. I will be out there tomorrow.
  • Revelation 1-8Revelation 1-8 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hunting here In Eastern Pennsylvania and there has been a lot of movement around my house. I see a lot of doe in groups sticking together especially at night when bedding down. I am new this year to Bow hunting and trying to figure out all the basics but having fun with it anyway.

Revelation 1:8
    <>< +