In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

new site

bigbearhunterbigbearhunter Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
Hey everyone.
Some friends have started a new site. www.averagesportsman.com Check it out if you get a chance. Mainly geared to MN, WI, IA, and the Dakotas, but still fun.

Comments

• Options
    bigbearhunterbigbearhunter Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.justshootn.com
    check out our hunting and shooting info.

www.justshootn.com
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    check out ours:

http://www.gunbroker.com/

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    haha good one sus

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    sus, I followed the link, but only found a site with a bunch of guys that sound like they know what they're talking about but always stray from the discussion before the topic is thoroughly exhausted. But anyway, did you get outside to do anything fun this weekend? Fishing? Scouting? Waitress seducing?

Ben
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    [:0]I'm shocked at you guys, I thought the site was ok. you most likely have to get to know the people on the site. Just kidding site sucks[}:)][}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    LMAO,

anything fun...let me see....darn near everything I did this weekend involved Michelob light, not to much though, just portional size bottles. Fished in the river, caught that big Zero living down there. Brush hogged some of my dads fields, saw two small does, a small buck in velvet, and one monster of a doe. I'll arrow her once season starts just to see how much she actually weighs, she must be from outa town or something or else she doesn't know Ohio deer are supposed to be small. [:D] what else did I do..mowed all the grass around the house, picked green beans, tried to straighten my sweet corn up (no luck), tied up tomatoe vines. Stopped down at my brothers and checked out his new dually (drank a good bit then[:D]). Made a list of guns I need to watch for good deals on, made a list of things I need for my little trip next month, grill some deer steak with JD and garlic. That's bout it for me.

signed
    littlecubhunter

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My best friend got deployed today, so all of my friends got together and over-drank all weekend. You know, 1st morning you drink beer. Cook out. Then in the evening evening you switch to mixed drinks then back to beer 'cause your eyes are involuntarily crossing, so you eat pizza and pass out. Wake up following morning, finish the beer you neglected at the end of the night before, then you make some pitchers of bloody marys for the group of moaners. Drink bloody marys while watching the cubs and prepare for the afternoon cookout. Eat. Go out to the bar for a few rounds of shots, check on friend that had to go pass out in back seat of car. It's all kind of hazy from there, but we did end up back at my home. All kinds of drunken' group hugs and people repeatedly walking through screen doors. All in all, I think we sent the boy out in style. My hangover was bad enough, I can't imagine how his 8 hour plane ride is going right now. Hopefully he just said, "F" it, and hopped back on his horse.

Ben (I'm gonna catch that damn dog that bit me, steal his hair, and perform a voodoo ceremony here in about one hour--I just hope it's not too late)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ben, dang son how old are you? I can't remember being able to drink like that except during high school. You must be way more of a man than me. Shoooeeee that's a buncha drinking.
    Your buddy heading to Iraq i assume. I wish him luck and thank him for all he's doing for me and my family.

What's up with all this stuff????: [8)]
    Ben (I'm gonna catch that damn dog that bit me, steal his hair, and perform a voodoo ceremony here in about one hour--I just hope it's not too late)

• Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    lets see split 3 or so cords of wood on saturday then saturday night i rewarded myself by drinking a liter of bourbon spent from about 12 am to 130 am throwing up followed by a little nap in my yard. then waking up and falling asleep in my room till about 3 in the afternoon. lesson of the story here is do not drink its makes ya feel ichy.

like someone said above remember when we could drink alot like in high school well those days werent long ago and im going down hill fast with this hangover stuff

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You can say that again headzilla! There was a time I took a case of beer with me to fish or to visit friends on the weekend or just about anything. I had no trouble drinking a 12 pack in the evening after work, but now I'm at a 6-pack level. Then regret even doing that if I drink to fast. [:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    I was a light weight drinker in high school. College is what gave me a tolerance. I'm only 25, susp. I don't normally like to drink that much, because I have to sleep off the hangover every time, and that can seriously waste a day, unless you do that voodoo ceremony I was talking about. You know, susp, the "Hair of the dog"?

Damn, headzilla! There are very few men alive that wouldn't have a hangover after drinking more than half of a handle. If you ever get to the point where that doesn't give you a hangover, you'll probably have to call up Betty Ford.

Ben
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know the feeling to guys, went to the bow shop Saturday. Shot, then drank about a 12 pack then remembered we had a shoot Sunday. I never missed a target Sunday but there were a few stray shots[8D] Does this mean i'm gettin old or just out of practice?[:D]

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got ya now Ben, sorry little slow on this end. The hair of the dog the next morning usually makes me pray to the white porcelin goddess. Unless it's Crown.

taco, I'm not sure what that means, but if you didn't miss any targets then you didn't drink enough, need more practice there [;)]

Where the heck did smallcubkiller go to[?][?]