In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

PSE story

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
Ok so I am the newby here but I have noticed that most have some sly remarks about PSE. Well here is something that made PSE pretty darn good in my book. I posted a few days back that I was trying to find cams for an older PSE bow. Well I talked to a guy on Team PSE who has a proshop about 3 hours away from me. He contacted PSE and they told him that the cams for that bow are not made anymore. (Can I replace them with another cam? sure but it would void the warranty on the cams)Well Larry called me back and informed me that PSE had offered to replace my bow with a 2005 Typhoon. I would have to send them my bow with the broken cams and a check for $150.00. Well it appeared to be a no brainer to me. Well I talked with him some more and we decided that because of my small frame the spyder rimfire would be better suited for me. He contacted them and they agreed and said they would send it to me for $125. Now... he then gave me the number for the lady at PSE and we spoke this morning. After about a 10 minute conversation my bow is now being set up to suit me. It will have the mod for my draw length and will be set at a 50# draw weight and can go to a 60#. Ok so maybe it is not the best bow that PSE makes, but jeeze you have to agree that a company that offers to trade out an old bow for a new one at 50%... Now that's pretty damn good in my book. It seems that they are willing to keep their customers happy and that is big in my book. Looks like I am in the PSE corner now.

Nadine

Comments

• gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That sounds great! Congrats.[:)][:)]
    Maybe I will give them a call![;)]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • StihlCuttinItStihlCuttinIt Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good going GAGirl! Now YOU are a some hunter, of bargains and good deals for one thing. And, maybe lucky breaks. Now, you'll just need to get yourself a big deer with that bow. Good luck.

Joe
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    She started this sport about two weeks ago and has already killed a hog. Mr. Buck better be scanning for blonde hair and blue eyes. However, by then, it will probably be too late. [xx(]

Ben
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    That's great. It surprises me that a manufacturer can afford to do that, especially these days. Makes me think about checking PSE's out.
    [:)]

congrats out the hog to, didn't see any posts on that.
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Hey Ben you were the only one I told about the hog.... was not exactly proud of that shot. But yeah I killed a sow last weekend. I would have to say that I bet they are 100 times easier to kill than a deer though. Not to mention she was cornered. I also found that the same muscles I use for drawing a bow I use with my board. It was my biggest fear that I would not be able to draw a bow sufficient to make a kill, but since the bar harness for boarding seems to work the same muscles it does not seem to be a problem. Now I can stay in shape for my summer activities by useing my bow. Hey now thats a good excuse. 'Honey, I have to go hunting if I dont then I wont be in shape to go boarding in the summer with you'

Gagirl
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I killed my deer with a PSE this year. It killed the deer just fine. My PSE is a PSE "Predator" made specifically for a midwest sporting goods chain. Know your equipment and know your abilities and practice to expand your abilities. There's no reason why a PSE can't kill a deer.

Some people drive a Cadillac. I drive a Honda civic. I'll get from point A to point B and save some money along the way. It doesn't make me a bad driver. A PSE doesn't make one a bad hunter. I've considered a few of their higher-end products. PSE is not a bad bow.
  • mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is probably the coolest story I have heard. When I first started the girl who set me up shot a PSE and she loved it. She did say that she had outgrown the current bow she was using but she would stick with PSE. I guess now I know one of the reasons for the loyalty. Next bow I will have to check them out. Their half price to you may have generated more business than if they told you to pound sand. Good business if you ask me.[8D]
  • hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Talk about customer service!!! That's awesome GAGirl. Congradulations!

"The only thing you do better than me is drive that Diamante, and that's just because I've never been in it!"--Little John

Opinions are like azzholes, eveyone's got one, and this just happens to be mine!
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's great to hear gagirl, glad they were such good help. Nice to know some companies still have it in them to help the comsumer. PSE has always had a good bow in my opinion, my brother shot the same one for 10 years til he finally moved out of the dark ages and bought a new one. PSE also makes browning bows.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    PSE also makes browning bows.

Really? I didn't know that. Hey, I got a PSE to. [:D]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's what my archery shop/dealer told me. So i'm takin him at his word.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!