In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shotgun buck....

DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Dang nice one. Way to go.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Awsome post a larger pix..[;)]
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DIRTYRAT
    10point11-30-07.jpg
    thats a nice one! congrats![8D]
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Despite what is advertised on TV not many people harvest bucks this nice. Congratulations on closing the deal on such a grand specimen. Remember folks this only happens if you get off the couch and in the woods. Good job Dirtyrat.

Scout
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SCOUT5
    Despite what is advertised on TV not many people harvest bucks this nice. Congratulations on closing the deal on such a grand specimen. Remember folks this only happens if you get off the couch and in the woods. Good job Dirtyrat.

Scout

Does it work the same if you leave your job to go hunt? [:D] Got a front coming in I'm outta here at 11:30 to go sit in a tree.
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Given all the reason to leave your job, hunting ranks number one on the priority list, even above going to the doctor, and absolute lowest on the feel guilty list (never feel guilty about hunting).

Good luck..........Scout
  • Turbo72Turbo72 Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice buck! Big body deer.[:)]
    edited November -1
    The Story;........
    I had Taken a Doe Monday morning that week of shotgun season and had 1 tag left to fill. I knew we had a few basket-racked bucks running around here and I had planned on sitting out the rest of the bow season in hopes of taking one. I had gotten off work at 3:30pm Friday and was home at 3:45. No-one was home and I decided to change into my Hunting clothes and grab my gun and sit out until dark. I walked out into our woods and climbed up and old stand that had not been very productive in the past. I was tired,hungry and a bit cold after a few minutes in the stand. I heard some noise and noticed a body coming down a trail. It was a button-buck. He passed my stand and then stopped,turned around and looked back. He was moving his head around and cocking his ears. I slowly turned my head from watching him and saw a large body about 75 yards away. I pulled up my gun to get a better look at it through my scope. There were a few trees and his body was behind them and I saw only a part of his rack. I clicked off the safety and waited what seemed to be a long time before he stepped forward giving me a nice view of his chest and I squeezed the trigger. He dropped right there and thrashed around violently trying to get up. I had racked my gun and kept the crosshairs on him the best I could. Finally, he retired and I put my gun down.It was now 4:30. I looked around and the button buck was still standing there about 20 yards from my stand watching eveything that had just taken place. After a few minutes he looked up at me and put his ears back and scampered off. I climbed out of my stand and walked up on the largest most beautiful buck I have ever taken. I sat and took a moment to admire him and be thankul for what I had just taken...

I'm out of the bow contest this year because my tags are full. I just thought I'd share the story....
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    great job Dirty! good story also awsome buck you should be proud are you going to mount him?[;)]
  • elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    Very very nice!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    great job Dirty! good story also awsome buck you should be proud are you going to mount him?[;)]

Thanks,
    And yes, He's at the Taxi-D's now. This ones coming in the house instead of out on the shed with all the basket-racks... I'll have to re-arrange all my fish & duck mounts to make a spot for him in the living room...I'm sure it's going to go over real well with my live-in girl-friend[:0][;)][:D]