In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Not hunting this morning

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
I woke up today and keep coughing for some reason. Almost like I am allergic to something, but it started when I woke up. with my coughing I doubt it atracked many deer so I didn't go out this morning. Not to sad though cause this weekend is Ohio's youth shotgun hunt. I feel safer here. [;)]
I'm gonna go see if I can convience the old lady I am allergic to her. [:D][:D]

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I musta caught the 24 hour brown bottle flu cause I don't feel to good[:I]. I didn't even get up til 9, but I didn't expect to do much bow hunting today. Might need to walk around later and try to kick up some bunnies and clear my head out in the fresh air. Bunny sounds good for tomorrow. [:p]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Not going hunting this morning either. Its the first day of duck season here and the last day of David's class. God knows that I would be in big trouble if I went hunting without him today. I hope you dont have anything serious. Maybe you can get out tomorrow. We will be in the boat with shotguns in hand in the morning. Here Ducky ducky......
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Come on Suspension. Safer at home? Just kidding. Took my son and nephew out this weekend both days and came up empty. I did alot of walking for them and couldn't get any deer steered their way. I tell ya I feel safer in the woods during the youth hunt than I do in gun season. I trust these youths sometimes more than I do some adults out there with a gun. If you know what I mean. I hear some of these hunters talking in the sporting goods stores and around other places and I thank god that I am not in the same woods as them. At least I hope they aren't hunting the surrounding woods.[:0]

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!
    edited November -1
    quote:and I thank god that I am not in the same woods as them. At least I hope they aren't hunting the surrounding woods.
    That's one of my biggest fears. The guy on the ajoining property at the bottom of the hill blasting at a deer heading up the hill towards me.
    I didn't see anything Sunday morning, but last evening I had a real nice 12 come in on me three times, but just wouldn't come close enough. he hung out around 50 yards and wouldn't come closer. It was almost like he knew something was up, but he sure wanted to get closer to the two doe that were bedded about 15 yards from the base of my stand. I waited till 6:40 to leave my stand, [:I], but he stayed out in the field.
    I didn't see many people out this weekend that looked like they were hunting that youth hunt. Many in your area?
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No. I didn't come across any other hunters out at all. I have to say that I didn't even see any that I thought that were hunting with youths in my travels to home to get dry pants or to Mac Donalds for lunch. Of course the boys wanted to go there for sure. Keeps them out all day and they enjoy going into places like that with their camo. Someday it will probably be illegal if you know what I mean. We don't hardly see many bowhunters on the farm we hunt. But then come monday they will be all over. Some of these ding dongs just wonder all over the place and don't know who's property they are on. And don't care either.[:(!]

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!
    edited November -1
    That's funny about those boys liking to wear their camo where people see them. Bet they have some stories once they get back to school[:)]
    I see a resonable amount of bow hunters around my area, but most of them I already know from being a small town. People around here generally hunt the same farms year after year. I know what your saying about the start of shotgun, the hotels get packed, you see nothing but orange around the local bars and grocery stores, it gets pretty crazy around here. What sucks for us is that we are a straight shot down 77 from Akron and Cleveland so we tend to get a lot from those places [B)] now that's scary. Saw a goat at the checking station either two or three years ago, gutted and all. No joke. [xx(]
  • riverriver Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    think I'd chance it