In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What is it worth????

loaderloader Member Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
Picked up a compound bow and all the extra stuff that goes with it, have not paid for it yet, Dont know what its worth. Never had a bow before. Can someone help??

Bow : Black Bear.
Pull: 55lbs.
counter weight.
Release.
Case.
6 Bolts.
Bolt holder.
Large box of assorted heads ( tips ).
Forarm protector.

Thank you,

loader.

Comments

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Sorry to say, but bows hold their value almost till you get out the door of the store[:(]. A bow like you described sounds to me like it would be $100 or less. The case and release might bring the price up pending they are good brands.

now onto a better note, welcome to the forum loader.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Suspension.

Thanks for the information. The guy only wants 70.00 for the whole thing, So I guess its a good investment for my son. He wants to start hunting with a bow.
    Now if I could only find a 50BMG for myself for the same price, I would be so HAPPY[:D].

Thanks again,

loader.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Welcome a board loader!

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sounds like it.

50BMG, might add a bit more for that. You must be a squirrel hunter to require that kind of gun. [^][:D][;)]
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the board and hope ya stick around. Susp, what's wrong with usin a .50 fer squirrels?[:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nothing at all taco, I figured out he was a squirrel hunter just from knowing the gun he plans on using. I know it's a gift I have, sure am lucky sometimes. [:D][:D]

I shouldn't say anything because from time to time I like to take out a ground hog with my 06 or 300, it's just neat watching. [^]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Actually, I use my 45/70[:D] for the squirrels. But I need the 50 BMG for the RATS[:0] I have around here. YOu know, the ones here in TEXAS. About 150lbs +.[:)]
    Had to get a small puppy dog ( [:D]Great Dane ), so my son could go outside and play without being eaten.

loader
  • Options
    edited November -1
    holly cow, be right back.........okay got my hip waders on now. Boy O boy, they ain't kidding about everything being big in Texas are they. A great dane to protect your son from rats...LOL [:D][:D] that's a good one! [:D]