In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My luck is turning.....

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
I was walking through my house into the bedroom just happen to look out the window and what do I see walkin' through the pasture? Well I loaded the 22-250 walked to the corner of the house and just waited for it to come through. It ran about 60 yrds then fell over...I am so excited. this is the rifles first kill...[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

yote.jpg

yote2.jpg

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I think there is probably a more appropriate forum for this.

Just kidding...good shot. I think he would have run farther, but he was probably having a little trouble breathing.

Ben
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HEY THAT WAS MY DADS NEW PET!!![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Way to go bang, but I don't see a bow in yer hand there bud.[:D][:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    All the blood is making sick......how could you do that to that poor little doggie[?] [:D][:D] just kidding! Good shot. that dog sure is redish, we rarely see any around here with much red in their hide, must be why I like them so much. Your gonna have a pretty good hole if you decide to tan that hide. [;)] Whatcha got, M77?
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    If it wouldnt have been so windy I sure would have tried the bow. Way to windy up here on the hill though. But your right I shouldn't have posted it in the archery forum. Sorry[:I] I was just all kinds of excited and wnated to share with you all[V].

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just post away bud, I just have to say it before someone else did. BTW ya got a little dirt on yer chin there bro[:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • daweimerdaweimer Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get a gravy ready and let us know how he tastes!![:p]
    edited November -1
    bang, are you gonna tell me what kind of gun that is? It's starting bug me cause I can't decide. I think it's a M77, but the stock doesn't quit look right for that. Guess I have to much time on my hands huh. [;)]

daweimer, serious? what's it taste like? I just ate beaver a couple weeks ago. My buddy got a state permit to trap a state park lake and he's been pulling in 3 - 5 beavers each time so we ate one. It was okay, but a little tough like we didn't cook it long enough.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • BigEdBigEd Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pasture?....Windy?....sounds like my country Bang. And should we start calling you Bang(22)250 now[8D].

SUS....some years ago I was told that reddish color in a coyote indicates crossbreeding with dogs and that the more silver a pelt is indicates purer blood. Not sure about that but it makes for conversation. The last I knew, silver pelts were more valuable than the reddish ones. Anybody know whether that holds true?
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Susp. just a Savage model 16. Thats my weapon that has alot of meaning to it[^]. Yep bought it on valentines day for myself[:0]. I will never hear the end of it[B)]. In fact she brought it up last night[B)]. I wasn't paying any attention to the day I just wanted a new weapon. I gave her a card!!![;)]

• ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well did you tell her you just saved her cats life with that v-day gift to yourself[?] I mean come on is she not thinking? (UM DON'T LET HER READ THIS![B)])

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
    edited November -1
    Ed, what you say makes sense to me. One of my hunting buddies does a lot of trapping and he never sells any of his coyotes that have the redish fur, he keeps them and has them tanned. So I couldn't tell ya if there are worth less or more.

bang, Savage 16 huh. Sure had me stumped. [:I] That is hilarious you bought it on valentines and gave her a card. [:D]
    Sounds to me like enos is gonna get in trouble soon as Mrs bang reads this. [:0][;)]
  • StihlCuttinItStihlCuttinIt Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good shooting on the 'yote, Bang. Looks like you got him good.

I just learned something; i thought that wolves and dogs could intermix but not coyotes and dogs. Its mamma mustta got rapped by a irish setter. Is that spelled right, Sus?[;)]

Joe
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Never seen a Coyote look so red.Could it be possible for them to breed with fox?I have read and heard that they have sometimes bred with dogs.

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice yote!

KungFu.gif
    Opinions are like azzholes, eveyone's got one, and this just happens to be mine!
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The tail looks so much like a red fox tail, the head like a yot and the body a mesh of both.