In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Major archery epiphany !

salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
OOOOOOOOOOWWWEEEEEEEEEE! I had one today. The past couple of years my shooting has not been at the level it was in the past. Everything has been "OK", but just not as good as in the past. I attributed it pretty much to mental issues and tension, I was convinced my technique was sound.
I waas going through some hunting books, found an old FRED BEAR archers bible. Was reading his "mistakes" section, and noticed that his explanation of how the hand is supposed to grip the bow, was much different than what I have been doing. Basically, he said the wrist and hand should be pretty much parallel to the forearm. My wrist and hand have been higher than my arm. I was resting the bow against the heel of my hand, while he subscried to resting it against your hand between the thumb and first finger. Was thinking about it all day while working, couldnt wait to go home and give it a try. As soon as drew I realized how wrong I have been shooting. I placed the sight on target, was able to hold it completely steady, something I havent been able to do in a long time. Shot a half dozen arrows and the results were amazing. 2 groups of three, and all the shafts were touching. Dang it looked pretty, those arrows perfectly grouped- And I felt completely relaxed, completely at ease, completely in the flow.
I am reborn[:)][:)][:)]

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
-Jimmy the cheese man

Comments

• Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Epiphany I've always liked that word. My all time favorite word is plethora ,from the movie Three Amigo's. Isn't it funny how small things can make a great difference. Finding this forum by accident rekindled my interest in archery. I was looking for a slug barrel for my A-5.Now I've lost interest in that and bought a new bow. Go figure.[:o)]

MLMorgan
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    good deal! Can't go wrong with Fred Bear advice huh. [:)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Congrats! glad to hear your back in the groove.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.