In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

help

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
I tried to post an avatar I resized it in photo bucket but when I add it here its hudge again whats up with that...[:0]

Comments

• gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Hi again,

If you don't remember I recently started with a compound after a "layoff" of 30 years. Using a PSE, bisket, easton carbon excel. 20 yard group of 3 inches , 30 yard group 4-5 inches. Changed over to 100 gr. muzzys. No groups!!! 4 inches left 5 inches right some high one low and 1 in the center bull. What the * is going on? Switch back to practice tips and groups back to 3 inches. Is this bow going to be particular and I have to find the right broadhead? Any advice?

Thanks,
    Steve H.
    edited November -1
    got my pics but need help getting them on here, my scanner software doesn't let me save the file...only export it into another document in my pc.
    edited November -1
    Looking to hunt tomorrow after I buy a new wisker biscuit and 2 arrows for my bow. ( Just got paid :) ) But with this old arrow rest it seemed it made me shoot more toward the right then my other one did...is it me or the rest? Seems at 15 yds I shoot fine, back it up to 20 and I miss by 5-? inches. Could use some master input on why Im shooting toward the right, I even adjusted my sights clear the right to make me shot straight ( I can barely even see a pin now) and it still doesn't seem to be helping. Need info fast...thanks all!
    edited November -1
    Maybe somone can help me out. I keep receiving a recipt on my personal e-mail every time someone post on my Jerky thread . did I hit the wrong button to request this. and how do I get it to stop. [:I][:o)]

Mathews1.gif
    edited November -1
    Anyone kno of any nice public land near Ohio bordering states that require a tag to be drawn? Lookin at Kentucky at the moment for next year
    edited November -1
    The 'lady' who owns the land (no house) behind our house does not want me to shoot that way anymore. (^&%$ASDYG^$^#^%$&^$%$#^%#) Anyway......Every other way is a house.... so my only option is to shoot towards the side of our shop. It is concret block and I am thinking... lets piss this woman off and make the nicest possible back stop I can. So I have 30 feet wide and 15 feet high of an area. What do you guys think I should put in front of the concrete block? I would like to have a few areas at different heights, but I am trying to think about a substance that will keep my arrows from hitting the block. Hay is not an option because I am too close to the river and hay attracts rats/mice which then attracts cotton mouths. Any suggestions? I would like something that can withstand rain and that is not too expensive.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    how about rubber floor matting? Not to expensive. You can get different thicknesses. We use some as a last resort for stopping arrows in our shop. I think the pieces are 1/2" thick. The matting would stop my old arrows and arrows that my dad shoots. However, I have not tried shoting my new bow in there yet, so whether it stops an arrow at 250 fps is a question mark.
  • danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does she have legal standing to stop you from shooting towards her land? If not "f" her, keep doing it the way you are! Otherwise....in my basement range i hang carpet behind my back stop for any stray arrows. You have to let it hang loose, only attached at the top so it can swing when it is hit.

0311 semper fi
    edited November -1
    No not to really stop me from shooting towards her land, but she can stop me from getting anything that may stray onto her land. .... I am wondering if she will figure out that we have our dogs trined to go around the fence and goto the bathroom on her land? She is just getting to the point where I dont want to deal with her anymore.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Up here, I found a buddy that worked for a local coal mine. He was able to get me a piece of "belt line" that it HEAVY rubberized mats. Beltline is what convayors use to move the coal. It more than 1/2" thick and stopped my arrows cold. I even hit it (on purpose) to see if it would stop my arrow. My fieldpoint didn't even break the far side. I don't know if you have any access to something like this but it sure works. Quarry's could use something like this too. If not, the next closest thing I can think of would be a rubber bed liner for a truck. (That was already suggested)

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tell her to go bleen herself. If it aint illegal, then keep shooting. I have a neighbor, who as a courtesy I told he I would be hunting the back of my property, which borders her property. She told me she wouldnt give me permission. I told her I wasnt asking for her permission, just letting her know that I would be back there.
    I went through the same crap you are going through-didnt want to deal with the hassle, didnt want to be a bad neighbor, etc.
    Then I came to my senses. It is my property, it is legal, and I am doing it. If they do not like it, they can move somewhere else.
    I would NEVER tell a neighbor I disaprove with legal activity on their own property. That is rude-anbd dealing with things about our neighbors that we do not like is part of having neighbors.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    A shop I go to sometimes has a small indoor range. The backdrop has corkboard on the outside and is filled with newspapers, it's about a foot thick with newspapers. Works pretty good. I believe they only allow/recommend you shoot field tips though.

My first recommendation would be to continue what your doing now and try real hard not to have any strays fly very far onto her ground. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Why are you that bad of a shot that ya cant hit the target[}:)][}:)][:D][:D][:D][:0][B)] Does she find broadheads or arrows in her yard[?]
    get a couple of sheets of 4x8 construction foam the blue one you can use thet as a backstop. dont get upset just kidding about the target hitting.[;)] Also I think it depends if your in a residential or rural area[?] I'm in a residential and I have a wooden fence completly surrounding my yard but by law I am not supposed to shoot. and I would be a little leary if I were finding arrows in my yard. We owe it to others to protect them. We are the ones releasing the arrow.
    let a stray arrow hit a kid or sombody's pet and you got troubles big troubles like manslaughter safety has to be first......... OH BOY LET ME HAVE IT[:0]
    edited November -1
    Buckey that is where her "concern" is. That I may miss and hit a child or animal. Dont get me wrong I can see her point I just didnt like the way she said it. Noone is perfect and we all can be distracted and miss. It only takes one at the right( or wrong) time to really hurt someone. I live within the city limits and by law am not supposed to shoot any type of weapon in my yard. I know a few of the local LEOS have seen me shooting and dont care, but the neighbor could make a problem so it is best to avoid it. I dont have a problem shooting toward the shop. I just have to find the right type of back drop.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Do you have any home depot stores or lowes stores out your way because you can buy the very dense foam used in constructon 2@ 4x8 sheets and your good to go. no danger and no broken arrows.[:)] and you will feel a lot more confident shooting. You will be doing the right thing. Because your right. An arrow can skip off the target. Bow malfuntion who knows.[;)]I worry quite a bit when I shoot myself thinking about shooting against my house foundation. my arrows have made it through my fense god forbid if it hits somone.let me see if I can locate that foam.[;)]