In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Turkeys!!!!

DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just got in and as I was driving down my driveway I saw a couple of turks crossing then a bunch came up over the ridge. I counted 21, alot of short-beards and a couple of longs. Haven't seen much sign around and was starting to get worried that there werent too many left around here. I was glad to see em...Might have to try to get one with a bow this spring!?![^]

Comments

• hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that's cool you saw them. i always love seeing wild game. i'm dying for spring gobbler season to get here.
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    caant wait to get a big tom soon....but gotta get a new gun first [:D][:D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I just hope I draw a damn tag!!!!!!!!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

draw a tag? huh? we can kill three turkeys just by buying our big game stamp. your state sucks [:p]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hsracer201

draw a tag? huh? we can kill three turkeys just by buying our big game stamp. your state sucks [:p]
    lucky. We gotta send in for a turkey tag.[xx(]
    edited November -1

Yep, Spring turkey is a lottery. Fall is OTC.
    edited November -1
    crazy stuff. our license comes with:

-- 3 turkey tags. 2 for spring or fall, and 1 for spring only.

-- 1 bear tag

-- 6 deer tags. 3 either sex, 3 antlerless only, and you can buy as many anterless tags that you want.

--there aer elk in the western part of the state (very few) but they can be checked in with the appropriate deer tag.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    we dont need a tag here as long as ya check the bird in....... Ive never turkey hunted b/4 gonna try and get one with the bow this spring. [:0]
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no tag no check in here we can take one a day but the season is only a few weeks long i don't turkey hunt to many snakes out during our season
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Got my first season tag the other day bubba
    edited November -1

-- 1 bear tag

-- 6 deer tags. 3 either sex, 3 antlerless only, and you can buy as many anterless tags that you want.

--there aer elk in the western part of the state (very few) but they can be checked in with the appropriate deer tag.
    [:0], holy crap. our tags all come seperate. deer with gun, deer with bow, small game, ect.
    But you can get packages ex. (deer with gun, deer with bow, small game, and phesant)[xx(]my state sucks
    edited November -1

-- 1 bear tag

o ya. and one more thing. You can harvest 6 deer!!!!!!!I can only take 4 total with gun and bow combined!!!!![:(]
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate Ohio's turkey regulations. There are so many freaking turkey's in Ohio that it is just crazy. Ohio charges 20 bucks for a tag for both spring and fall. You can however, prove that they are being destructive and get a tag to take care of them for free.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    shoff, $24 for Spring permit & $24 for Fall permit this year. I was thinking that's what they were in 2005 too. I spend way to much money when I go in and buy my licenses each year.
    This year it's:
    resident license $19
    Fishing license $19
    deer tag $24
    wetland stamp $30
    turkey + turkey $48
    I doubt I get a $15 trapping license though, that way I can buy gas to fo hunt. [:D]
    I believe shotgun season will be 2 weeks this year, correct? That'll suck, 1x a year hunters scare me when they break out the old shotgun that's been in the closet since last November. [:D]
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension

I believe shotgun season will be 2 weeks this year, correct? That'll suck, 1x a year hunters scare me when they break out the old shotgun that's been in the closet since last November. [:D]

Don't know? Haven't really been paying attention. This will probably be the last year I hunt in Ohio though, unless I end up there in a year. Its bad when I get get my out of state Indiana fishing license for 24 bucks and ohio is 19. And then yet, they still say they are going to raise prices again.
  • turkeyhunter36089turkeyhunter36089 Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most of Alabama turkey season is 6 weeks with a bag limit of 6 toms per season. Deer season 1 buck and 1 doe per day October 15 - January 31. Happy hunting!
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We can get 2(Toms) turkeys in the spring / 2 in the fall.(any sex)
    Just buy ours OTC here.[:D]
    edited November -1
    it sure is strange how it varies state to state. but we can't hunt on sundays [:(]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    it sure is strange how it varies state to state. but we can't hunt on sundays [:(] You cant hunt on Sunday whats up with that. call your legislator or state rep because thats not fair most folks work monday through friday and only have Saturday and Sunday to hunt... and if they say church say no no sir speration of church and state.[:(]
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

This year it's:
    resident license $19
    Fishing license $19
    deer tag $24
    wetland stamp $30
    turkey + turkey $48

They need to raise the Non-resident tags up a couple hundred more!
    And they wonder why the number of hunters in Ohio is dropping![:0]Looks like I'll be staying on family owned land from here on out. Then, the only thing I HAVE to buy will be the "Federal Stamp" for waterfoul!...They get enough of my money from property-tax already[:(!]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DIRTYRAT

This year it's:
    resident license $19
    Fishing license $19
    deer tag $24
    wetland stamp $30
    turkey + turkey $48

They get enough of my money from property-tax already[:(!]

ROGER THAT!!!!!
  • ZUKEBABYZUKEBABY Member Posts: 450 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just got my spring turkey tag/4th week. Now just have to go out and see how the Winchester patterns some turkey loads.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    You cant hunt on Sunday whats up with that. call your legislator or state rep because thats not fair most folks work monday through friday and only have Saturday and Sunday to hunt... and if they say church say no no sir speration of church and state.[:(]

people have tried that for years. the last article i read about it was about a year ago, and i think VA is only 1 of 6 states left that hunting is prohibited on sunday. ever heard of the revrand jerry falwell? well he practically owns central VA and unfortunately has a lot of political connections and i'm sure that has something to do with it. it really does suck to only get to hunt 1 day a week. [:(]
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Apr. 15 to May 15 here.I sart scouting in may.[:D]
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Really is it April 14th yet?