In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Your closest shot???????????

COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2006 in Bow Hunting and Target Archery
What was yours????????????? I had a 6 yard shot on a nice 8 pt. last year......He ran 23 steps and folded over......Boy I love bowhunting..

"A man is known by the
company his mind keeps."
T.A. Aldrich

Comments

• sealyonsealyon Member Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    9 ft....8 point came to check out a scrape. Some s***bird had stolen my tree stand so I planted myself against a big tree to wait for full lite. Was going to look for my stand when lite enough. This buck walked right up like he didn't have a care in the world. Kind of a tough shot.....I never practiced at 9 feet.............
  • rokkmannrokkmann Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was about 3 years ago.It was about a 8yd. shot let 3 arrows go at the deer and it just stood there,not one arrow hit the mark and all i could do was wacth him walk away as he was going here came five more deer and i didn't have an arrow left to my name.needless to say it was not a good day.
  • lazywallruslazywallrus Member Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    15 feet straight down, I heard him coming from behind my tree ,then I heard nothing for a few minutes. Went to look behind me ,when I saw him nose to the ground a nice little six pointer smelling where I just took a leak off my tree stand. Thank god I wizzed off the left side of my stand, hit him right between the shoulders. He dropped right there, but flailed around for a long time, seemed like forever. Now I always pee off the left side.
  • RoofdogRoofdog Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    7 yards out of my tree stand,last year was my first deer with an arrow,i`ve been bow hunting for 6 years,also i must give credit to my daughter,because last year we went out squirrel hunting every weekend before bow season,it was her first year small game hunting,so i guess i now know what they mean by doing your homework,i could set my watch by this spiker.

looking forward to doing some squirrel management this fall
  • predator_hunterpredator_hunter Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    first yr bow hunting i hunted little over the season first time out with my bow i was 12 feet up in a letter stand and had some turkeys come by the first that came by was a jake with a 6 inch beard and w 18 pounds and i shot him at 11 steps he didnt go that far i am hook on bow hunting for life i hunted with a crossbow in Ark u can i killed 11 deer and 9 turkeys with a crossbow But hunting with a bow it is a lot harder i am a bow hunter for life love it
  • hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    Approximately 3 feet, Windy sunny day with the full foliage still on the trees but falling very fast. Stalked up to a small doe, I spotted just laying down at 11:00 for the day, missed at 30, it jumped up and went to investigate the noise. Missed at 25 or so, spooked her a little. Next shot I hit another twig just in front of her at about 30 again, the broken arrow slapped her in the ribcage! Now she was spooked and didn't have a clue what was going on! She picked a runway right next to me to escape on, wrong choice, she spotted me as I drew back with nothing in-between us. Too Late!

Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!!
  • n4thethrilln4thethrill Member Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    45 feet straight down under my stand i didn't even use sights just kind of pointed right behind shoulder in middle of back nice eight pointer 19" inside or at least that's nice here

you can be king or street sweeper but everyone is going to dance with the reaper
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my closest shot was at 3 yards. i was about 14 feet high. he ran about 40 yards and piled up.
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    My closest was 7 yard. but i let i walk[B)]
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    23'3" str8 down did go all but 10 yards[xx(]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    My closest was a doe 3 or 4 years ago. I sat down against an apple tree to rest and she started up an old fence line to me weaving in and out of the old posts as she walked. When she was about 15 yards I drew she came to 5 feet and I released, ran about 20 yards and piled up. Other than that is would be 12 feet or more from tree stands, I've taken a few straight down below me.
  • Nwatson99Nwatson99 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I smacked a doe in the * with an arrow, I was not shooting nor was allowed to, but she was close. [:D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1