In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Plucketts Bloodtrailer Broadheads

tkohlertkohler Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
hi,

I shoot a 55lb recurve. I was wondering if anyone has experience or thoughts on using expanding broadheads like Plucketts with this type of setup. Will it hit hard enough to open correctly and do the job on whitetails?

thanks,
Tom

Comments

• Big TimberBig Timber Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I currently shoot spitfire mechanicals on my compound and they are awesome. They say they fly exactly the same but in my experience I have found they are off between 1-2 inches. As far as your recurve, you should be just fine. I've seen a teenager take a deer with a compound bow with 45# of draw using mechanicals. I can't help you with Plucketts because I've never heard of them. I use Spitfire and Rocky Mountain mechanicals. The Rocky Mountains fly almost identical to field points. If you do decide to use mechanicals, make sure you don't assume they will fly the same. Shoot your bow with the new broadheads and confirm before you hunt with them. You'll be able to take a whitetail with no problems. Hope this helps.

BT
  • predator_hunterpredator_hunter Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes they r good heads here in ARK any body can hunt with a crossbow that was the first head i shot out of the crossbow i killed 11 deer and 9 turkeys with the blood trailers then i went to a compoound bow i went to rocket heads u r shooting a good head there good luck