In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Lack of deer in WI

PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
I have been hunting hard this year, since season opened in middle of Sept I have only seen 4 yearlings, wife has seen 1 doe. Walked through the corn fields, there is very few tracks, crop damage is non-existent. Anybody else hunt WI and experiancing this?[V]

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I have a friend up there that just shot a nice one this last week and passed on several. What part you in? I'll see if I can get a pic from him threw email to post. I have it on text right now. If the crops are still in I'd say that could be your problem. I haven't seen a deer in almost 2 weeks now and haven't been close to one since opening day but they are there. I just have standing corn everywhere. No need for them to get up and travel.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    My friend Brians Halloween buck

S7300786.jpg
  • PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Central WI, I've been seeing a steady decline in deer numbers over the past decade in my area, I think too many years of ag tags, earn-a-buck, and bonus antlerless tags.... Oh, did I mention for the past several years we've been hearing a wolf pack down in the swamp where I hunt.[:(]
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im in Central Wisc. and went out 4 times and havent seen a deer yet.
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    ive been out most every day day for the past month here in CT and have only seen 2 deer so far. gotta kep trying though