In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

WOW is all I can say

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
On my drive tonight I cruised by my hunting property. There is a small field on the other side of the road from where I hunt. There were 14 deer in this small field which was just picked last week.It was getting good and dark when I got there. There was a nice 120+ out grazing the corn with the does. I drove down to the next bunch of does and glassed it.
It is about 150 yards from the road to the edge of the timber. I glassed upon a giant. I was pushing my Leupolds to the limit. His rack looked like a little kid drew it on. At that range and darkness I couldn't get a good look but I'm guessing at least 16" tall, maybe up to 20. He was 3-4" outside the ears. He just looked freakish. Like when a kid draws corn stalks and puts 4 ears of corn on it where there should only be one. Couldn't count points but I was so in awe that when I first saw him I said "holy poop". With the window down, the does closest to the road ran to the middle of the field.
He was standing next to a doe. Hopefully he'll cross the road sometime this weekend.

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    On my drive tonight I cruised by my hunting property. There is a small field on the other side of the road from where I hunt. There were 14 deer in this small field which was just picked last week.It was getting good and dark when I got there. There was a nice 120+ out grazing the corn with the does. I drove down to the next bunch of does and glassed it.
    It is about 150 yards from the road to the edge of the timber. I glassed upon a giant. I was pushing my Leupolds to the limit. His rack looked like a little kid drew it on. At that range and darkness I couldn't get a good look but I'm guessing at least 16" tall, maybe up to 20. He was 3-4" outside the ears. He just looked freakish. Like when a kid draws corn stalks and puts 4 ears of corn on it where there should only be one. Couldn't count points but I was so in awe that when I first saw him I said "holy poop". With the window down, the does closest to the road ran to the middle of the field.
    He was standing next to a doe. Hopefully he'll cross the road sometime this weekend.
    That gets the blood pumping a Cheif you guys dont have timber.. when does your bow season close??
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    A couple weeks into Jan. That makes sitting there freezing with a freezer full of meat almost make sense.[;)]